Here's a tough one for ya

mewsician2

Recently, the sound on the internet, and my default music player, (I've tried several at this point) stopped working so I can't listen to the songs on my website, youtube, etc.

I've been all over my PC, and everything seems ok, Sonar, and Soundforge are doing fine, no problems with listening on either of those.

Sooo....I'm stumped! I've downloaded codecs, checked my Audio Devices in the Control Panel, everything is correct there, (obviously, Sonar is working) and checked settings in everything I could think of.

I'm using an HP pavillion, with 3 gig of RAM, and an E-Mu 1212M soundcard.

I'd appreciate any, and all, suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

is the correct device selected for system playback in control panel>sounds?

sonar etc would work regardless of this because you select their audio device in their own settings page.

Thanks for the reply, I went back into Sounds, and the attachment here shows what I found,
E-DSP WAVE 480 (E480) is the soundcard, (E-mu 1212M), I believe, and is the only option there, however, the default media player for my MP3 collection is Nero, I'm unsure if that's significant, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Does that tell us anything?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• A01.jpg
    A01.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 35
ok,i'll be honest, i haven't used windows in a while,

but i'm thinkin if this was me, i'd probably

completely uninstall the emu, software wise
physically remove it
restart computer
and reinstall it as if you'd just bought it.(in a different pci slot if possible)

sometimes its the easiest way :)

hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may try that.
I'm hesitant, only because it's working fine with my DAW, editing software, and anything I physically plug in to it, (guitar, keys, mic).

I'm convinced it's something I can correct if I just keep trying, I'm usually good at troubleshooting, but so far I'm stumped.

Thanks again.

Try a System Restore from a time that it worked. You can always undo that if it doesn't help. Could have been a MS update that messed things up. I finally disconnected my recording computer from the net and updates after one of them disabled my ILOK.

Just a thought, is your speaker icon muted. I can run Acid, Cubase etc. through Lambda just fine and mute Windows speaker,

The Speaker icon is not muted, and the volume control is up, but thanks for trying to help.

I'm saving System restore as last resort, I have lots of file saving to do before I do that, thanks for the suggestion though much appreciated.

I'm usually able to figure this stuff out, not that I'm a genius, but I've been doing computer recording for many years now, and have experienced so many bugs, and errors, that took me through the control panel, that it's become routine, but this is a tough one.

Thanks again.

System restore does not touch files or folders. Only programs. You don't need to back up anything. :)

ok,i'll be honest, i haven't used windows in a while,

but i'm thinkin if this was me, i'd probably

completely uninstall the emu, software wise
physically remove it
restart computer
and reinstall it as if you'd just bought it.(in a different pci slot if possible)

sometimes its the easiest way :)

hope that helps.

well you could try it half way...

delete the emu from control panel/hardware/device manager, then reboot and reinstall.

well you could try it half way...

delete the emu from control panel/hardware/device manager, then reboot and reinstall.

That's an idea!

System restore does not touch files or folders. Only programs. You don't need to back up anything.

I did not know that! well, now I have some more options, I really appreciate the help guys, thanks!

GOT IT!!!!!

Geeze! Finally!

It was a routing issue in Patchmix DSP, Thanks to all for the suggestions, special thanks to Steenamaroo for guiding me to the soundcard.

Regards,

Back