Here It Is!!!! (finally)

Buck62

噛んでくれ
Okay... so I've been hangin' around these parts for 8 months and haven't posted one tune.
Sooooooooo.... Here's the link to our website, which has long samples of nine of our songs and the entire song for song #6, called "Still I'm Amazed".
Sorry about the cheezy banners, but the site is a freebie, so we gotta live with it.

Anyway, this entire cd was recorded on a Korg D8, and it's our first effort, so please bear that in mind. :)

Let me know what you think... Thanx!

Frank(Buck)DePeder
http://go.to/MacBrothers

BTW, I forgot to mention that we are in 7 record stores in the Chicago area already (and counting) and may possibly get some airplay soon on a few radio stations and a couple of internet radio stations.

[This message has been edited by Buck62 (edited 07-30-2000).]

Hey Buck those are damn good tunes....I listened to all of them... all right on ... I think all that Canadian beer you drink must have something to do with it... :) I may have to send you that case of Molson's after all.......

Nice site...listened to 'em all....lemme get a gripe out first.....streaming does not do yer tunes justice....I constantly had to go to the volume icon in windoze to stop the clipping.....plus net congestion made me bitter and twisted on three songs......so maybe in the future, you might wanna make these samples and the full song downloadable....I couldn't tell much about the mixes...they seemed ok on that format except a lot of high eq on the electric guitars now and again, but that just might be the result of the format....

Vocals excellent throughout, and that includes Julie T......enjoyed the sax work on Hard Hearted and Candlelight...nice electric and acoustic work throughout.....four songs stood out for me....In Everyone's Eyes had an Aice In Chains hint to it and I dug it...Still I'm Amazed, excellent....Complicated Girl's vocals really made it...but my fave is Life On The Edge....it really came together.........nice work....gibs

Wow! Thanx for the positive commentary!

Coda...
I'm glad you liked the songs. We really put our hearts into this project.
Molson's for music sounds good to me! :)

gibs...
I hear ya about the streaming audio, maybe we can do something about that in the future. I guess we didn't realize the problems with streaming audio when we asked our website designer to set it up that way.... sorry about that.
You're right-on about the sound of the songs. A few of them DO have a bit too much on the high EQ on the guitars in this format, but we actually tried for a punchier sound in "Still I'm Amazed" and "In Everyone's Eyes".
Almost all the guitar parts were recorded with the POD. Some of our equipment was pretty sub-standard, but we tried to make it work for us as best as we could. The cd itself does sound much better, as you said.
I really appreciate that you liked those 4 songs so much. So many people complain that they buy a cd for one good song and the rest of it isn't all that great. The fact that you liked FOUR of our songs (despite being short clips) is a great compliment... :)

Maybe in the near future I'll see if I can post full versions of some of the songs.

Thanx again, guys!

............Buck..........

[This message has been edited by Buck62 (edited 07-27-2000).]

The clips are on RealAudio, Kaputo.. so I guess so.
But, since you are in Chicago, we are in most of the Chicagoland area Borders Books & Music stores and some other local music stores which are listed on our website.
If I recall, you said you're in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area.
We're at the Borders on Clark & Diversey and we're featured in one of the "listening stations".
You can listen to the entire cd there! :)

Keep meaning to check this out, but all I get is a black page with some links on it, and a banner on top. Am I missing some plugin thing?

Buck,

Just thought I'd pop in to say great job. I'm listening to your stuff here at only 64kbps and it still sounds great!

I dig the guitar song. Perfect :) There's some cool guitar work in that little pink drink tune as well!

Slackmaster 2000

Slack...

"Perfect!"... Wow!! That's quite a compliment... Thank you! :)
My partner Bob will be real happy to hear that you liked the guitarwork so much... he did all the leads on the album and he's very humble about his playing ability.

Thanx again!

Life On The Edge...very_nice_song! I could say "Good Luck" with the CD, but I don't think any luck is needed...just promotion.

Garger

Man... I sure hope you're right about that, Garger... Thanx!

Also, just to let you guys know...

The Slide Show page is now up and running on our website, and it features the 3 minute long guitar solo/outtro from the song "Complicated Girl".

[This message has been edited by Buck62 (edited 07-30-2000).]

Back