Help!

dekana

I have Acid Pro 7. I am having major problems with Autotune 5.

Essentially I have to set the output of a MIDI track to my audio plug-in (i.e. Autotune) I don't know how to route a MIDI track to Autotune....

Help!

You can attach plugs to the soft synth (not the track) fader on the mixing consol.
If you look at the fader there will be a fader for the track and a deparate fader for the whole softsyth output and this fader is treated as a normal audio fader and can use effects

Thanks!!!!

Thanks so much for reply....

I tried this but didn't seemed to work?

I think I maid a mistake...which is the second output you refer to? I couldn't see it in mixing console

thanks heaps!!!!!!!!!!

sorry I don't think I explained to well...!

Basically I have two tracks.

One is an audio track with Autotune as the plug-in.

The other track is just the MIDI track.

I have to set the target of the MIDI track to Autotune (on the audio track)

So I only need one Autotune running- on the audio track.

But i still can't route the MIDI track to the autotune on the Audio track....

help!

No you cant rout the output of the midi to another audio track

You either need to:
set up to plugins one for the audio track and one on the syth fader (if you don't see it in the mixer click on the show all button and it should pop up)

Set up a separate assignable FX fader (click the add assignable fx button on the mixer) and put your auto tune plug on this fader and then route the ausio track and the syth track to the assignable effect

Thanks so much again!!!!

I am going to give this a good shot, hope it works!

Just one thing...how do I do this "route the audio track and the synth track to the assignable effect"

what is difference between 'assignable effect' and just a normal effect?

Thanks so much! I almost lost hope before you help me!!

Thanks so much again!!!!

I am going to give this a good shot, hope it works!

Just one thing...how do I do this "route the audio track and the synth track to the assignable effect"

what is difference between 'assignable effect' and just a normal effect?

Thanks so much! I almost lost hope before you help me!!

If you expend the track there will be a pan slider, a volume slider and another slider. This third slider will allow you to route as much of that track to the assignable effect as you would like

The assignable effect basically just assigns the effect to it's own fader and you can route multiple tracke to this fader

for example instead of having a reverb on every track in your project you can set up an assignable fx fader, put reverb on this fader and route as many tracks that need reverb to it. so instead of having 20 different reverbs on 20 differnent tracks you have one reverb that has 20 tracks routed to it. You can also change the volume, type etc for all reverb at once instead of havong to do it on every single track

It keeps CPU load down and makes managing your effects alittle easier

Almost!!!!!!!!!!

I have almost got it!!!!!!!!!!

The third slider on the Audio Track says 'FX 1" and "post" at the end of the slider...I slid the slider all to the right....it did the trick!

Only thing now, is, on the MIDI track I can't see the same way, via "FX 1" to send it to the Assignable FX....can I do this?

You provide great information man!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

On the MIDI track it has a Pitch Bend slider where the Audio track has the "FX 1" slider

I will get this!!! Pray for me, ha ha!

You may not b able to do rout the midi to effects I just had a quick look in one of my projects.

In that case you can put the auto tune plug on the soft synth fader (not the track)

Personally though I usually render the MIDI track to a WAV audio file before I try to effect it that way it's just another audio track to be manipulated like all the others

so that way the soft synth itself acts as the MIDI plug in??

and another way, is maybe for me to just export the midi as .wav and then re-import as as audio?

Have you ever used Autotune or any Pitch correcting software much?
its so confusing at times!

You may not b able to do rout the midi to effects I just had a quick look in one of my projects.

In that case you can put the auto tune plug on the soft synth fader (not the track)

Personally though I usually render the MIDI track to a WAV audio file before I try to effect it that way it's just another audio track to be manipulated like all the others

you mean not the MIDI track or AUDIO track?

I'm getting this!

You mean have only one instance of Autotune running- and send the audio track to this?

so that way the soft synth itself acts as the MIDI plug in??

and another way, is maybe for me to just export the midi as .wav and then re-import as as audio?

Have you ever used Autotune or any Pitch correcting software much?
its so confusing at times!

Yes you can reimport as a WAV. When I'm ready to mix I usually do this annd mix in a separate project to keep the MIDI tracks in the old project in case I want to change something later on

As far as auto tune goes I so use Melodyne to pitch correct vocals when necessary. I've never had cause to need it for MIDI. the pitch etc there should be totally controlable through the soft synth without a separate plug although you could maybe get some intersting effects with it

cheers again man! you have helped a lot.....
ive been up for 7 hrs with this prob now! its 6am where i am!

i will try tommoz, and let u know

big thanks!!!!!

Might be a silly question, but have you tried reading the manuals for both Acid and Autotune. The manuals that come with software are generally quite helpful and come with it / in the box for a reason, not just to look nice!

Yep, read them both. the autotune manual does NOTHING to explain how to route MIDI to an audio plug in. The Acid pro manual is much better, but still very hard to find the correct way!

Might be a silly question, but have you tried reading the manuals for both Acid and Autotune. The manuals that come with software are generally quite helpful and come with it / in the box for a reason, not just to look nice!

Autotunes "help" in the manuel: "Set Autotune as the target for the MIDI track"

Geeeezzzzz....that's such a good explanation....

I struggled alone with this problem for 4 days, and read the manuals, before this guy showed me a way that I am trying. And my suspicion was right- you can't do it in a direct way

So it was a silly question

Hahaa, ok, sorry then :)
You just have to check. Sometimes people ask these things and haven't even looked!
I've never quite got my head around MIDI.

no, I know what you mean...and it annoys me when people ask really simple qstns, because they are too lazy to read the manauels! Like, how to copy and paste a loop!
Unfortunately, this problem has still got me stuck!

Back