HELP PLEASE!! I want to connect my Subwoofer to my Digi 003

Static Factory

Hello,

I've had a subwoofer for sometime and never connected it to my Digi 003.

I have my 2 Main monitor outputs going into my Rokit Monitors.

Now, if I want to connect my Sub, how would I do that with out having get too complicated?

Does your sub have a crossover? Probably not. You need a device that will take the two monitor outputs (L + R), send them through a crossover (split the low frequencies from those above), sends the higher stuff back out to your Rokits and combines the low frequency L + R signals to send to your sub.

Do tell what your sub is. :)

What this gentleman said.

If it's a home theater sub, it's not likely to have a crossover, and you're likely to need to use a crossover. Before I had a real subwoofer (my Yamaha sub) I had to use a Behringer crossover unit to split the lows to the subs and everything else to my Yamaha HS80Ms.

I remember I never had the proper cables to go to the RCA inputs on the home theater sub either. I had this ludicrously complex system of adapters attached to an XLR cable. I think around 3 in total. It was a mess. xD

You usually go into the sub then out to the left/right monitors. The sub has a circuit that subs the stereo for the mono sub and has a crossover/phase/volume control so you can set the sub up to match the left/right monitors.

Alan.

Back