HELP! - Motu 1224 - no interface :(

Funky_A

I recently (last friday) bought a Motu 1224 audio rack.
I installed first the pci-324 card that cam with it went good.
So then I connected the firewire (audiowire) cable that cam with it and offcourse plugged in the Motu device. After more than 20 restarts, hardware reinstalltions, etc.etc. I just can't take it anymore.
I also tried to use different ports that are on the pci card but none of them also give any feedback.
Any body know what's going on here and to get it running?
The 44.1 sample rate light just keeps flickering...that's all it does.

Thanks
FA

Yes, and they work properly, it detects them automatically.

Attachments

• motu_1.jpg
    motu_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 9
  • motu_2.jpg
    motu_2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 8
I'm starting to lose hope in this peace of equipment!!!
Why can't it just work!!!!! argh..I also tried different/new cables NOTHING seems to work! :confused:

Open the MOTU control panel and make sure the Clock Source is either set to PCI-324 Internal or 1224 Internal. If it's already one, try changing it to the either then hit the "refresh" button.

EDIT: It's strange that only the 44.1 light is flickering. Usually if the 1224 can't find a clock to lock to it will flash alternately between the 44.1 and 48 lights. Your problem is probably some error code indicative of some other problem, and you'll have to talk to MOTU tech support to find out exactly what that is (but be warned, they suck). Make sure you make it very clear that ONLY the 44.1 light is flashing so they don't give you the usual obvious crap.

Back