Help me mix the best for my album!

patricklnharmon

Hiya! I've been messing around in FL Studio for the last 5 years now, and I've came here to get feedback on some of my tracks that have potential but are sadly lacking in mixing and mastering.
I have access to izotope ozone 5. (in terms of mastering) I will use any help tips that you throw at me! I might ask a lot of questions in order to fully comprehend what you're saying. So all I am looking for is detailed explanations and instructions on how to solve the stated problem.

I'll share the tracks that are pretty much ready to go through the mixing process.

I will say that most of these songs were made in the moment and have no real polishing on them. From most of those songs, they shared a "future bass" kind of sound to them. I work with a lot of saw synths in most of these tracks. Any help mixing these properly would be fantastic! In terms of what I'm aiming for, I want clarity, a nice brightness to them but stay heavy with bass so anyone with a sound system can jam out!

My reference track for the frequencies im trying to achieve :

I'll upload more tracks to get feedback once I take care of these. I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP THAT GOES TOWARDS THIS.

This means a lot to me.

Edit: You can't put private links?? ridiculous, but fine.

Last edited:
Hey patrick, I think you can't post private links here yet because you are a new member and haven't posted enough. Now to the music. Nice music you have here but I found the sidechain compression throughout most of the tracks just a bit excessive. When the kick hit, the synths would go really quiet to really loud. On your reference track, the same kind of pumping is going on but its more felt than heard. On your tracks, I'm hearing it too much.

As far as mixing it goes, just make sure every element has its place. Even the cool little things you have in the background that the synth may be covering up. Also for mixing, when you are listening to your reference, listen to what's happening in the midrange in addition to the top and bottom. I think it will help you get the brightness and strong low end you want.

I don't really have notes for mastering yet. Sorry for the general comments. It's late here but I wanted to share with you my initial thoughts. Hope this helps!

I'm only listening to the first one. (It's hard to get specific, helpful advice across 6 mixes at once)
I agree with MGAL on the ducking. The track is very much strobing with the kick. The saxaphone ducking it is especially prominent.

I would say there are some cool parts in there , Plenty of cool atmosherish stuff . But as far as composition you should try make things a little cohesive . More of a flow , instead of changing into a new part build on one , till it feels ready to move to the next part .

Back