Help me decide! Fantom G8 v.s Motif XF8

bluesunlegends

I've used the korg triton pro for years and I'm ready for a new one!

Through intensive research,I have narrowed it down to these two as possible choices for my next workstation. Little problems, I can't decide!
I have come across both pros and cons for both but I still can't decide which one has the best or worst.

Here's what I think about some of the features of the fantom:
Pros: nice big interface screen that allows for some easy editing
Easy to learn and use
Great synths
Goes great with any DAW
over 120 multi-track recording

Cons:
Acoustic instruments don't sound the best, especially strings and pianos :(
Pricier

Motif xf8:
Pros-
Sounds great! Especially the pianos and pretty much everything. Not just the synths :D
less pricey! :D

Cons:
A lot of its features, when integrated with a DAW, are exclusive to Cubase :( (I'm a sonar guy)
Small interface screen
Only 24(I think) multitrack recording
Steeper learning curve

Also, thought you should know, I mainly record and produce ambient, chill out, trance, rock. Some jazz, pop, blues. So you get an idea of how I'm going to use it. Maybe that will help you help me choose. Lol

Thank you in advance for your response!

That's an EASY one!!!!

I've used the korg triton pro for years and I'm ready for a new one!

Through intensive research,I have narrowed it down to these two as possible choices for my next workstation. Little problems, I can't decide!
I have come across both pros and cons for both but I still can't decide which one has the best or worst.

Here's what I think about some of the features of the fantom:
Pros: nice big interface screen that allows for some easy editing
Easy to learn and use
Great synths
Goes great with any DAW
over 120 multi-track recording

Cons:
Acoustic instruments don't sound the best, especially strings and pianos :(
Pricier

Motif xf8:
Pros-
Sounds great! Especially the pianos and pretty much everything. Not just the synths :D
less pricey! :D

Cons:
A lot of its features, when integrated with a DAW, are exclusive to Cubase :( (I'm a sonar guy)
Small interface screen
Only 24(I think) multitrack recording
Steeper learning curve

Also, thought you should know, I mainly record and produce ambient, chill out, trance, rock. Some jazz, pop, blues. So you get an idea of how I'm going to use it. Maybe that will help you help me choose. Lol

Thank you in advance for your response!

I have both a Fantom G 61 and a Motif XF6 and if I have to choose just 1, I would go with the Fantom G due to the fact that you can record 24 tracks of Audio into it as well as the 128 MIDI tracks. I simply record my music tracks then plug my bass, guitar and vocal mic in to complete my project. It is a true stand alone workstation where as the Motif is an all pro piece as well but stops short on the audio front. I have both for the variety of voices but in all honesty, adding the Motif is overkill!!

KT

I had a Fantom G7 and a Motif XS6 - I got rid of the G7, it wasn't a patch on the functionality or the sounds of the Motif. The only good thing about the G7 was the decent sized screen.
Audio of the Motif? no problem
GoG

Back