help latency...

Iamlion123

Hi not new to the forum, just lost my old user name haha. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

My interface is adding re verb on its own??? Its really pissing me off. I have an M-Audio Fast track c400 And when i record and try to monitor it not only adds latency but with the latency it has re verb on it???? I know how latency sounds and this is not only delayed but its adding its own effects on top...

It was working perfectly fine, a month ago, I could run my guitar with a wack load of vst's or sing vocals completely loaded with effects through reaper without any delay or anything and now i cant even record a track without effects without it adding its own re verb.

If i record a track its all reverby and so annoying and when i play it back after recording it, its all reverby.. but if i switch the output of the audio (on reaper) to the hdmi to my tv or just my laptops audio it has no delay or reverb on the track i had just recorded... its like any sound that comes through the interface it adds reverb... but if i play youtube or netflix i have it come through my interface to my monitors and it doesn't add reverb or latency to youtube or netflix.

Its really budding me because it worked perfect ever since i got it, then something happened and it was randomly making all my tracks distorted? like they wre clipping.. I updated reaper and it fixed it and i was so happy, and everything was mint, then i moved my studio from our spare room to our living room and everything was fine then it started to do this latency reverb crap. I attached a picture of what the c400 controm program thing looks like.. it says room 1 on it and crap like its adding reverb but theres no way to uninstall it cuz the program is the driver i think,... and theres no options i can figure out to help what its doing Untitled.png

I dont know if anyone owns a fast track 400 but i really need some help

Can you not just turn off the reverb?

I will guess that the built in DSP effects are what the issue is.

My best advice would be to start reading and watching videos about setup.

Can you not just turn off the reverb?

I will guess that the built in DSP effects are what the issue is.

My best advice would be to start reading and watching videos about setup.

After screwing around for a long time i reset reaper to its factory settings and it fixed the reverb :s but now im back to a different issue that i had previously.... when recording its just way to quiet! everything is quiet and when i use the headphones out on my interface it distorts :s and if i watch youtube with the headphone out it sounds screwed! but if i plug the headphones into the line out on the interface thats ment for the monitors or w/e its perfect :S this is so frustrating, I shouldnt have to go out and buy a new interface because of software issues, the thing worked perfect before

Calm down man. You just need to get your setup/settings right.

Sounds like you inadvertently hit a button or something that changed your input/output.

I am busy at the moment and am not familiar with Reaper.

I am sure someone will come around soon with direct options or answers.

It is a bit dead around here over the weekends tho.

Hang in there man. Stuff will get figured out. :)

Calm down man. You just need to get your setup/settings right.

Sounds like you inadvertently hit a button or something that changed your input/output.

I am busy at the moment and am not familiar with Reaper.

I am sure someone will come around soon with direct options or answers.

It is a bit dead around here over the weekends tho.

Hang in there man. Stuff will get figured out. :)

Yeah your probably right haha well i at least have it half working for now

Back