Help identifying Myles Kennedy's microphone in "Fortress"

robo

Hi all, out of curiosity, can you help me identifying the microphone in the pictures?

(That's Myles kennedy, lead singer of Alter Bridge recording the "Fortress" album)

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Immagine 01.jpg
    Immagine 01.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Immagine 02.jpg
    Immagine 02.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 277
Are you sure that's the mic he used to record the vocal?
Could just be one of those, here we are, you get a snapshot of us in the studio. Ain't you lucky videos.
Have you thought about asking him via social media or website which mic he used?
Welcome aboard, not that you're a newbie.
I hope you find what you need.
Rich

Thanks all!

@kip4: I am not 100% sure, but the footage looked realistic.

@arcaxis: looks indeed a Soundelux/Bock. The new ones have a slightly different aestetic though. I reckon in the interview, Myles was talking about his personal equipment, while the pics are from the studio (Paint it Black / Barbarosa).

@Steenamaroo: the footage later on actually shows Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge lead guitar, and singer) singing in that SM7B track #8 "Water rising".

99.9% a Bock 151, btw. See attached picture - note the characteristic two-colored microphone grid.

Attachments

• BOCK-151-RSL-4T.jpg
    BOCK-151-RSL-4T.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 230
Yeah, exactly. I'm thinking of getting one... If I do I will let you know you all how do I like it...
Thanks again!

Ever see the 7b joke thread on GS?
I still reckon mine was the best.

Haha. I liked this one.

Real men don't use the foam wind screen on the SM7.
You can tell a real tough guy by how many front teeth are broken.

I've just had my 2 front teeth fixed after a regrettable incident with a sm58, a drunken me and and dodgy mic stand. People beware! Those grills cut through teeth like nothing else.

Back