Help! How to achieve this kind of recording?

lancelot0888

Hey guys! 3-4 weeks from now, I'll be recording my EP Album and I will be upgrading my microphone and interface to a Scarlett 2i2 and Audio Technics AT2020 condenser microphone.

I will be recording acoustic guitar and vocals only but I am aiming for this kind of quality recordings:

- https://open.spotify.com/user/1272029365/playlist/5rHOoOBdAazBtQtLdMP1f0

(Specifically the songs "Anywhere, Anything" and "We Match")

Can you please help me achieve this kind of recording? Is it possible with scarlett 2i2 and Audio Technica AT2020?

Thanks!

With absolutely fantastic sounding sources in absolutely fantastic sounding spaces and excellent engineering, it shouldn't be too difficult. And more mics...

Jumping around the 'net, I see that album had a budget north of $10,000 in production costs (people and time). And I can't find an awful lot of information about Studio 37 (where it was recorded) except that the guy seems to take the space rather seriously (and that comes through in their recordings).

It's not impossible - But it's a rather lofty goal...

With absolutely fantastic sounding sources in absolutely fantastic sounding spaces and excellent engineering, it shouldn't be too difficult. And more mics...

Jumping around the 'net, I see that album had a budget north of $10,000 in production costs (people and time). And I can't find an awful lot of information about Studio 37 (where it was recorded) except that the guy seems to take the space rather seriously (and that comes through in their recordings).

It's not impossible - But it's a rather lofty goal...

Agreed. Not impossible, but it's a loooong shot that you're gonna match a professional studio sound with budget gear on the budget side of budget gear.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to do the best you can though. Budget gear can do good stuff.

Back