Head of the Company

Monkey Allen

Fork and spoon operator
Any advice for this mix?

First song here: Head of the Company

Thank you for listening

(y)

Last edited:
Like it's right on top of your head? That doesn't sound too good. Sounds like it's bashing your skull. That's a bad thing!

I don't have any issues at all with the mix. Everything is nicely placed, none of the elements are fighting with each other. I like the way you have the guitar and organ fills. The only issue might be that the drums are a bit mechanical in spots. Adding in the tambourine helped out.

Its a pretty good tune.

Great song! I thought the mix was well balanced. The performances were good. Really nice bass playing and great tone on bass. Vocal was really good. As was already mentioned the drums were a little mechanical but that is a minor nit. I really like the arrangement too.
I think it is an outstanding effort

There are some nice tones, and I dig the the vocal (performance and where it sits in the mix).

The only thing that sticks out to me are some spots where a few different instruments are rushing a bit. I can hear it in the off-beat guitars in the beginning, and a few of the bass fills. Rushing is much less forgiving, IMHO, than dragging.

I dig the tune!

Nice songwriting. love the first guitar solo. Good chord changes. I wish I had your voice. If I did though, I would work just a little harder on backup vocals (think Beatles) - some cool things like "Drive My Car" beep beep um beep beep yeah!

Back