HD Format?

Loyct

I got a WD 7200rpm 8mb, 186gb HD.

I'm going to format it, what should i do if i would need partitions? Or can i put all my samples, libraries and unfinished audio on one entire drive?

My OS is a 74.5gb NTFS already, and i'm going to have my system files, OS, Reason, Cubase LE, Guitar Pro 4, Folders+Notepad files for band, Adobe Reader, Winzip etc on it.

That WD 7200 is actually fast enough to get rid of the need to partition for audio's sake, but at the price they are at now, why not just buy another and have a dedicated library?

I most probrably won't have such a big library. I'm only using reason and its factory patches.

Btw, my comp just died on me. It can't boot has emits a high pitched frequency. Suspecting that the RAM failed. Any opinions?

Is it coming from some device that was created for sound...aka the system speaker?

This thread may help you (and the article referenced in it)...

peritus said:
Is it coming from some device that was created for sound...aka the system speaker?

This thread may help you (and the article referenced in it)...

The entire system doesn't boot at all, and the monitor isn't detected.

Ok, right now, i've sent it for repair, and its the mainboard's fault.

When i get it back can i just format my 200gig drive to NTFS, and allocation size as default? (some say use the 4000kb+ option, but i'm not sure)

I won't neeed a dedicated libraby as i won't be using Giga or kontakt.

Just all samples, unfinished audio, completed audio, libraries on one large 200 gig HD. is that ok?

Back