Happiness is two Fender amps live

Clive Hugh

Had as large corporate gig last night and got the oppertunity to try out my combined birthday/xmas present - a Fender Dual Showman Reverb head with cab loaded with 2 Eminence Patriots and my much loved "The Twin". Both amps are the same beast 100 watt tube, red knob, the "new" head has never been out of the guys house since he got it and is signed by Vinnie Moore who used it on a promotional thing.
I was in gear addict heaven, had the Head with a bit of distortion and the Twin on clean, didn't need pedals, just turned up to solo volume and backed off for rhythm.
Had nightmares with the acoustics, non existant, we were outside, hot as buggery, about 32oC (90 oF) all night and humid plus howling wind off the desert which caused feedback and mic problems that were from hell, got fairly burned and dehydrated setting up in the afternoon as it was over 45oC (113 oF) no clouds or shade, wind worse than the evening, we couldn't set up the PA for fear of it blowing over.
In spite of that I'm still on a high from the amps, took me about 2 hours to wind down last night.
If you get the chance to run 2 amps do it, it's worth every penny.

Used to do it all the time. But its a lot of work.

It might be time for a stereo delay or a stereo chorus pedal. ;)
Just make sure you get those amps on opposite sides of your ears. :D

Outlaws said:
Used to do it all the time. But its a lot of work.

It might be time for a stereo delay or a stereo chorus pedal. ;)
Just make sure you get those amps on opposite sides of your ears. :D

It was a bit more work but I tote so much gear anyway that in reality it was just 2 more lifts and a couple more leads. I own the P.A. so I need a trailer anyhow by time I get 2 bins and 2 foldbacks and stands and power amp/mixer in there. Stereo delay sounds like a possibility but "she who must be obeyed" might not see it that way right now. The amp and speakers plus air freight cost an arm and a leg.

Shit man, I'm working on a up to an (eventually) six amp rig right now, though it might go down as low as 4. And I'm making them all myself.

The next part: The Leslie (on Steroids), using DC motors, so I can have (probably) four fixed speeds, and a variable speed pedal, with a break when the pedal is at zero.

It'll probably be a few years before I get them all made though.

Love the multi-amp gig though. Always fun to move a lot of air. As Reeves Gabrel would say, "it makes the pants flap!"

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Ben Logan said:
Oooh - too hard on the back! I bitch and moan about hauling my Deluxe Reverb only. Old man syndrome setting in here...

I get the same with the back. We just scored another PA this morning, so that'll be even more gear, ya gotta love it.

Cool Clive, sounds sort of like my rig except I use the combination of twin (clean) and a princeton chorus (old one, 65 watter) with the gain cranked a little bit. This works fine for most of the places we play and suits my style.

Back