Guitar to USB?

Well if you have it, try it! You'll need to select this USB device as your input device in whatever software you try. Then go and read this thread and this thread - what will work best for you is a dedicated audio interface with an instrument input.

Hi Lozzy, The problem with all these "one way" USB converters is that they have no output.

This means that the only way to hear what you have recorded or indeed, what you are playing into the PC, is to use the computer's soundcard. These are usually of poor quality, noisy and suffer a good deal of "latency".

I suppose (WTGR!) people don't think these thing through because we now have at least one generation grown up that have never used a tape recorder? Not even ripped pop tunes off 45s onto cassette!

There really is no practical alternative to an Audio Interface and the cheapest new one of any reasonable quality is the Alesis iO2 AFAIK. You also say you have a microphone? Details please but it can probably be made to work with an AI.

So, read the threads in the links and then only you can decide if you are going to get about "$100 serious" about this venture. I can assure you that any other cheap route will leave you deeply frustrated and dissatisfied!

Dave.

On my second reading of your post, I notice you mentioned having a microphone.

On the assumption that owning a mic means you might want to record it sometimes, something like THIS would do your mic recording, guitar recording and sort out latency free monitoring all in one go.

On my second reading of your post, I notice you mentioned having a microphone.

On the assumption that owning a mic means you might want to record it sometimes, something like THIS would do your mic recording, guitar recording and sort out latency free monitoring all in one go.

Great minds Robert, great minds!

Dave.

Back