Guitar Studio

badshane

Does anyone use Cakewalk Guitar Studio....??

Being a guitarist, it seems like the best multitrack software for me.....any thoughts???

Shane

I like it.

Been using it for a year and a half with an SBLive card. It allows 16-audio tracks plus all the MIDI tracks you could want. It has been pretty stable and entirely satisfactory for the niche products I record and sell.

The nifty deal is the Fretboard interface that lets you enter notes right off a picture of a neck, in any tuning you want.

Cakewalk is clearencing GS2 it for $99, you could probably get it cheaper from dealers. Or even free from your local upgrade-aholic.

Keep in mind, Pro Audio 9 is also out there for fairly cheap. PA9 includes all the Guitar Studio tools, inlcuding the fretboard thing and adds virtually unlimited audio tracks.

All the best to you.
Kevin

Pro Audio 9 is the way to go!!!

I have Pro Audio 9 and I am very happy with it and it goes for around $180 (at that price it's a steal). But at the time I got it (about a year and a half ago) it was around $370 I believe, but it was still a good buy even at that price IMO. :)

-tkr

Pro Audio 9 or Guitar Studio v1.02

I just snagged them both at a Computer swapmeet for $10 ea...hehe

which one should I use???

Yep, no contest.......

Pro Audio 9

As Keven said before, Pro Audio has all of guitar tracks features plus up to 127 audio tracks (if you've got a computer can handle it that is.....I know mine can't), and there's probably more too but I've never used Guitar Studio so I wouldn't know.

-tkr

Well......

You'll just be getting by. 64mb is awful lean these days. Memory is dirt cheap these days, though. About $35 (USD) at McGlen.com for 256mb.

Memory is more critical than processing speed for Audio. I've heard astounding things from slower machines than yours.
Kev

thanx for the MEMORY

yes , that is something I know....I should be @ 256meg in the next week or 2.....

I was just thinking that since I am a guitar player, the guitar studio would be the best option, but PA 9 looks like a fuller package....hmmmmmm

Back