guitar presets for Stevie Ray, Gary Moore, mark Knaufler etc sounds

ok.....let's try this.....suppose i'm working with cubase elements 7 only.....all other instruments are in their cases neatly tucked away......now, just for fun, let's suppose that i'm working with a midi file which i have made duplicate tracks of.....i'm assigning guitars to two of the tracks (with me so far??....good!!)....i want the guitars to have distinctly different sounds e.g., stevie ray ,....thanks
mark carlos santana or billy gibbons.....they all have unique tonal qualities which, i believe, are a result of manipulating tonal attributes such as distortion, reverb, delay blah blah blah.....my original question concerned itself with duplicating these tonal attributes in cubase...i was wondering if anyone has achieved these tonal qualities in cubase and would they be willing to share the presets with me.....also, is it possible to bend a string, do a hammer on or pull off in cubase

lol

Rob.....you're getting warm!!!! It's all about THE SOUND...NOT the subtleties in technique..... let me see if I can be more specific...1) I am NOT playing ANYTHING on the piano except for the Piano. 2) The piano creates a MIDI file of what I play and that MIDI file ONLY plays (or sounds like) piano 3) I then import that MIDI file into Cubase and when I play it back in CUbase, it sounds like....well...a piano!! 4) On the occasions that I want to do an ensemble arrangement I will make as many duplicates of that MIDI file as I need to satisfy the ensemble requirements e.g. bass. organ, brass, guitar etc.....I slice and dice each track as needed to get the ensemble sounding like an ensemble 5) I then assign the required voice/sound programs to each of the different tracks....in order to get the brass "right" requires 3 layers 6) now it's tweaking-time...solo track by solo track until I like what I'm hearing 7) I'm not all that excited with my ability to tweak EQ and effects within the guitar selection and was hoping to find a starting point for EQ and effects to get sounds that match the sound produced by certain artists.....that's it....plain and simple as I can make it.....is somebody moaning??!!!....again, THANKS to all who responded...this is a great site

You are doing exactly what I figured, and really, if you've been through the Halion guitar stuff, you're probably a bit disappointed. They're very generic sounds, and I've never found a guitar VST that sounds good. I guess it's just too hard to synthesise a guitar that is convincing and has character. A while back, somebody was talking about guitar sounds, and one was recommended. I tried it and for finger picking in the background it sounded sort of ok, but it didn't convince. It's perhaps the same problem with some piano samples where they sample ppp, fff, and then two more in the middle, and in the middle of a phrase, your little finger note has a wild different sound, and your over enthusiastic first finger occasionally enters fff territory. Just not good.

I think what you are looking for sadly doesn't exist.

You said bends, hammer-ons and pull-offs. That's stuff that happens before anything gets to an effect or amp. The physical interface between player and instrument is much more complex and subtle with guitar than with piano. Some things guitarists do don't even have names much less MIDI parameters.

Back