Guitar Effects

lorper

What do you guys find the most versatile software for guitar effects outside of Logic Pro X?
I was thinking about Bias FX. This looks to be pretty versatile but I'm not sure of what else exists out there. Also, will running a guitar effects processor within Logic as well as a drummer cause any issues ? This will be running on Macbook Pro 2.5ghz i5, 16gb ram and a 256gb SSD.

Update:
The research I've done has brought up 3 contenders. Guitar Rig, Amplitude, and Bias Desktop.

Last edited:
I've used both Guitar Rig and Amplitube. Both are good software, and by chance went with Amplitube as my primary. It's very granular, so if you like dialing in your sound to perfection then it's a good choice. Comes with a lot of free presets and effects, and has an app store for more options/customization. Been using Amplitube for several years and have yet to feel the need to buy anything extra.

I have already purchased Bias for the iPad long before the desktop version came out. Is It possible that I could get a 1/8" audio cord and use the signal out of my iPad headphone adapter into my audio Interface and get the Bias tones that way without spending the $200 on the program ? If so, would the audio quality be poor or be effected at all going from 1/8" and using an adapter to get it to 1/4" ?

From what I can tell the program for iPad and desktop are essentially the same. Even the layout. The difference being the platforms for which your purchasing for.

Back