Guitar Effects Processors Question (i.e Guitar Rig 5, Amplitube, etc.)

adema1226

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this question.

I've looked at the system requirements for Amplitube and my PC exceeds them. I downloaded the trial, plug my guitar in through my mixer, but all the sound coming back from Amplitube is staticy, choppy, and delayed. I downloaded Guitar Rig 5 and get the same thing.

My question is, if your PC meets the requirements for these "effects processors", how do you know if your PC will run it correctly? I don't know what kind of soundcard I have, could that be the culprit?

Note that when I record directly from my mixer everything is fine. It's only through these programs I have trouble.

Thanks for any help.

I have the guitar connect to a mixer. The mixer connected via USB to PC. If I record clean guitar in Audacity, then load it into Guitar Rig 5, it works fine, but if I try to play/record through GR5, it's staticy and delayed. It would be nice to hear myself playing while I'm recording though.

I have the guitar connect to a mixer. The mixer connected via USB to PC. If I record clean guitar in Audacity, then load it into Guitar Rig 5, it works fine, but if I try to play/record through GR5, it's staticy and delayed. It would be nice to hear myself playing while I'm recording though.

Amp sims seem to take a lot of processing power. With a prerecorded track the playback can be delayed a bit to give the CPU a head start, but it may not be able to process the sim fast enough for you to use it in something like real time.

Amp sims seem to take a lot of processing power. With a prerecorded track the playback can be delayed a bit to give the CPU a head start, but it may not be able to process the sim fast enough for you to use it in something like real time.

Yeah, I guess my PC just isn't fast enough... I'm looking into the zoom G3 for recording anyway.

Hi,
Check the sound driver that your PC is configured to. I had a lot of problems till i changed the Driver configurations. Usually the ASIO driver that is the Guitar Rig Default works fine with all AMP sims.

Hi,
Check the sound driver that your PC is configured to. I had a lot of problems till i changed the Driver configurations. Usually the ASIO driver that is the Guitar Rig Default works fine with all AMP sims.

2 year old thread ... let it lie. :rolleyes:

Back