Got the wood...

pikingrin

what is this?
The body blank and flame maple top came in today. After my last final tomorrow I'm going to get the glue flowing (got the glue from stewmac, too, it should work fine) and glue them together so I can get to figuring out the shaping. But I might not; been considering doing a semi-hollow build if I can figure the physics out right. At the very least, it's going to be a chambered body because that body blank is friggin' heavy! It's about the size that a strat/tele body would come in so I don't have enough room to do like a slim ES body but that's all still in the research phase...

The flamed maple top (still in plastic) up against the body wood.
flame top.JPG

The body blank - that sucker is HEAVY! Think LP plus a lb or 2...and a little thicker than I thought (guess I should have paid more attention to the specs when ordering). :p
body blank.JPG

Looking forward to doing some hacking, routing and sanding here over the next few weeks!

OK, I've never built a guitar but I've built lots of other things. Hacking and Routing = Fun! Sanding = shite.
I really don't mind sanding all that much, especially when it's on something that I want to build. If my wife makes me build another piece of furniture it would be a PITA but if it's something that I'm actually enjoying then it's all good! :D

So you build furniture too?

Dammit, why is it that everybody in the free world is a furniture-building woodworker except for me, the guy who has always wanted to be that?

I'm just gonna stop talking to people. My life sucks.

Back