Got Goodies Now What?

King Music

First, I'm a singer/performer... Second, because of that "Gig" I had (had) cash to buy some Outboard Mixing Gear... Finally after a very steep learning curve... I have mixed some songs. All Audio Recorded in a Professional Recording Studio in Hamburg, Germany... Bass, Drums, Percussion, Electric and Accoustic Guitars, Violin, Saxes Tenor and Soprano, Trombone and Trumpet, Flute, Keyboards, Flute, Background Singers (From South Africa... Wicked... Recruited them from the Lion King where we all worked) oh, almost forgot Vocals, me!

Sounds good, I think, but I know it will sound even better when I can send it through the Avalon 747sp, SPL Qure and SPL Tube Vitalizer. How do I do it. Hey, gimme a break... It took 2 years to mix! Hence, now I'm ready... All new... I just turn it on occassionally to see the lights and impress people who know less than me...

But, I am totally in need of advice... I might hire a Mastering Engineer for a day and pick his brain, while paying... But, maybe, someone can help? I am not an Engineer... Help.... Please...

King Music said:
But, I am totally in need of advice... I might hire a Mastering Engineer for a day and pick his brain, while paying... But, maybe, someone can help? I am not an Engineer... Help.... Please...
This may be the best idea. Mixing is tricky. You may pick it up quickly or you may mess around for years, tweaking. I'd hire a pro, since you've already put so much effort in it. IMO.

King Music said:
Sounds good, I think, but I know it will sound even better when I can send it through the Avalon 747sp, SPL Qure and SPL Tube Vitalizer. How do I do it.
If you don't know how to put a mix through this stuff, how do you think your going to make it better? Better than what?
Why the fuck would you need 3 equalizers to pull your mix out of the toilet?

RTFM and stop whining.

Mindcore said:
I'm sure it's not just me, but....does anyone even know what the question is?
I think the literal translation was..."How do I go about pissing off you guys, and getting all those nifty red chiclets?"

Back