Good clean fun, track adds!

packratlouie said:
pretty cool song... enjoyed it

both versions really communicate something different, but either way cool rendition of this song...

I can't say much about the mix as i've had too much to drink and I'm listening through computer speakers, but cool man. Thanks

Thanks man! Love the handle!

Very cool. I like the dead stop break. Pretty tastey. I've seen Frampton in just about all his incarnations from Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel, etc. I like it.

Track Rat said:
Very cool. I like the dead stop break. Pretty tastey. I've seen Frampton in just about all his incarnations from Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel, etc. I like it.

Thanks TR! I had to follow what Peter was doing, so it was sort of self evident what it needed there; I can't take much of th credit... :)

Carter said:
Yeah if you never heard of him how did you get this far in music? :eek:
Well, there's has to be a time where the new generation takes over, no? I mean who were the influences on Frampton and on the Beatles. We've probably never heard of those guys. Besides, all you need in the music world is a good recording of Livin' On a Prayer, and November Rain.

bigbubba said:
Well, there's has to be a time where the new generation takes over, no? I mean who were the influences on Frampton and on the Beatles. We've probably never heard of those guys. Besides, all you need in the music world is a good recording of Livin' On a Prayer, and November Rain.

*whap*!!!! :)

The Beatles were one of Frampton's influences. The Beatles' primary influence was genuis, and LSD. :D

Llarion said:
*whap*!!!! :)

The Beatles were one of Frampton's influences. The Beatles' primary influence was genuis, and LSD. :D
So he's not such an old coot. :).

Hey, I really like that song BABY, I LOVE YOUR WAY.

Llarion said:
If anyone wants to hear this other one; rather than dredge up an OLD thread, it's here:
Llarion's Lair: Stupid Recording Studio Tricks

It's down at the bottom...

Baby I Love Your Way
Thanks for posting the link to the tune - saved me some time.

I actually heard it before but it was well worth the second listen :D . Great playing on this cut as well, and Peter is not bad either :eek: .

The drums are mixed just right - they have that sound of being right there "behind" the singer on stage. I can see (or hear) now the tough job of getting the reverb/effects to match the original track.

Cool!

ido1957 said:
Baby I Love Your Way
Thanks for posting the link to the tune - saved me some time.

I actually heard it before but it was well worth the second listen :D . Great playing on this cut as well, and Peter is not bad either :eek: .

The drums are mixed just right - they have that sound of being right there "behind" the singer on stage. I can see (or hear) now the tough job of getting the reverb/effects to match the original track.

Cool!

That was actually the most satisfying part; I really think I nailed the room ambience... Thanks!!

bigbubba said:
We could start a club. People who don't care for Peter something guy that you're all talking about. :p

He was on the Simpsons episode with Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, and Cypress Hill.

Also, in the seminal Gen X film Reality Bites, Frampton Comes Alive was used to illustrate the vapidness of the pop culture Xers inherited.

(gotta make it relevant for the younger generation)

mshilarious said:
He was on the Simpsons episode with Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, and Cypress Hill.

Also, in the seminal Gen X film Reality Bites, Frampton Comes Alive was used to illustrate the vapidness of the pop culture Xers inherited.

(gotta make it relevant for the younger generation)
I'm Gen Y, and I want some Britney Spears mentioned every now and then or else things just seem too old.

I just might have to check out Peter Frampton if that many people like him. :)

My favorite celebrity appearance in The Simpsons is by U2. In the end, when credits roll, one of the guys says, "Hey guys look I got a springfield spoon. If it weren't for these spoons, I'd go crazy." Bono takes this spoon and throws it back which hits Mr. Burns who is seated behind them. He just looks up and says, "Wankers!" Just hilarious.

bigbubba said:
I'm Gen Y, and I want some Britney Spears mentioned every now and then or else things just seem too old.

I just might have to check out Peter Frampton if that many people like him. :)

Dude, she's like a mother now :eek:

And I didn't say I liked Frampton ;)

mshilarious said:
Dude, she's like a mother now :eek:

And I didn't say I liked Frampton ;)
Mother? So? Besides, these people's kids are raised by nannies. Most kids grow up thinking they know at least one sentence in Spanish, "Tu Madre Es Loca". That was Rachel from Friends, by the way. :)

I think I liked some of her songs when they were pop and have enough rhythm and when she was just a kid trying to sing. Then she was just another teen trying to show as much skin as possible and rap on top of pop tracks which wasn't really a song, wasn't really a rap, wasn't really sung, wasn't really rapped appropriately and at that point I stopped listening to anything Britney. Jessica Simpson had a good track a while back. But I'm really diggin' some Hilary Duff tracks on her album Hilary Duff. They have a power pop-rock "80s-smashed-into-2005-pop-tart-style" sound to them. :)

Hey Llarion, this is a great idea! Love it :D Frampton rocks too, can't get enough of Do You Feel Like I Do? and Baby, I Love Your Way. Just enjoyable stuff to listen to, just like your version here. Enjoyable :)

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey Llarion, this is a great idea! Love it :D Frampton rocks too, can't get enough of Do You Feel Like I Do? and Baby, I Love Your Way. Just enjoyable stuff to listen to, just like your version here. Enjoyable :)

Thanks dude. I thougth of sliding a rap into one of the breaks, but you know how it goes. :p

RAMI said:
And the problem is? :D
Well whatever little amount of good songs she had, are also done away with. Now her music is _all_ pretty pointless. I liked the catchy tunes of "Kiss Me One More Time".

Anyhoo, watch a picture, you don't have to buy her CD. It's only about the looks now. :)

Back