Good card for multimedia/video & little music creation?

Jedman

Boy it's been a while. Merry Christmas to all and it's nice to see this board still up and running! Just moved down to California from Alaska where I've been working the last 4 years, and in the process of purchasing a practice in Ventura. There is a nice sized back room in the office that's not currently used, and I'd like to turn it into a "den of sorts" and do some content creation. Probably a little music recording (acoustic guitar and MIDI synth work), but mostly will use the card for video editing, recording myself & creating sounds for presentations, etc.

I've promised my current Athlon64X2 rig to my daughter for Chirstmas (it's got an Audigy 2 in it - I know, pretty pathetic for music creation) and I'll be building another rig in Jan. when the Phenom II ships.

I used to have a Delta 10/10 back in the day at college, but I think something that big is a little overkill for what I've got in mind...can't see where I'd be doing more than 2 tracks simultaneously here. Biggest sticking point is I'll be running Vista 64bit (lame in some ways, but I purchased it on a good sale recently for the increased memory support) so good drivers will be important.

Thanks for any suggestions of boards to look into for this purpose.
Sincerely,
Jed

Ok, I will check into that, thanks. I was just planning on using Adobe - Photoshop, Indesign and Premiere (for the video).
...I have used Pinnacle Studio in the past in college and it worked decent, but not as fast as Adobe, but what can one expect for the price difference, of course! :-)

On the Vista 64bit - I may be changing my mind and just stick with XP Pro until Win7 comes out. I tried it out today on my rig and not really impressed. Couldn't even install SP1 correctly. I'm sure it's great with all new hardware, but I don't know...

Back