GODVLAD - My band's new single from upcoming EP!

HugoRibeiro.Com

Hello boys and girls!

To start off the new year right, here is the 1st song entitled "Game of Shades" taken off the new EP "Dark Streets of Heaven" which will be released very soon.

cheers

hmmm. I'm not sure it reminded me of some gay crap like Linkin Park lol. Then the female vocals kicked in and changed the dynamics. I'm not sure, but it's a cool tune I guess.

hmmm. I'm not sure it reminded me of some gay crap like Linkin Park lol. Then the female vocals kicked in and changed the dynamics. I'm not sure, but it's a cool tune I guess.

:D Appreciate your honesty Phil!
This is definitely the "comercial" song of the EP. The other tunes are more "metal"! :)
I'll post the link for the entire EP when it comes out if you're interested.

cheers

:D Appreciate your honesty Phil!
This is definitely the "comercial" song of the EP. The other tunes are more "metal"! :)
I'll post the link for the entire EP when it comes out if you're interested.

cheers

Yeah I'm not trying to be insulting. It was interesting and had a lot of things going for it that changes the tone of the song. I think it would do well if you could get it on the rock radio station, but that's a hard one to do buddy lol.

Yeah I'm not trying to be insulting. It was interesting and had a lot of things going for it that changes the tone of the song. I think it would do well if you could get it on the rock radio station, but that's a hard one to do buddy lol.

No worries mate! I know you were not trying to be insulting. :)
But yeah, trying to get exposure this day and age is hard! Especially for new bands, unless you have thousands or millions of dollars to pay everyone off. :D

cheers

Music and production are solid, but stylistically it's missing an identity. Metal fans will find the nu metal and dub step parts lame, and for non metal fans the heavier elements will be a turnoff. If your intended audience is the three or four people on the planet who like screamy heavy metal, dub step, and pop then it's a win. I like the risk taking and execution, as I'm a bit of a fan of some prog.

Music and production are solid, but stylistically it's missing an identity. Metal fans will find the nu metal and dub step parts lame, and for non metal fans the heavier elements will be a turnoff. If your intended audience is the three or four people on the planet who like screamy heavy metal, dub step, and pop then it's a win. I like the risk taking and execution, as I'm a bit of a fan of some prog.

Thanks for the feedback Pinky. Well, yeah, we crammed various styles in there. :D
This is the most "comercial" song on the EP, the rest are more "metal" and not as diverse in styles. We have been having good feedback on this track though and some label interest.
One thing my band has is that all the members come from different musical backgrounds and this is what happens when we fuse it all together. haha

cheers

Also, some people choose to make music for creative purposes.. not just for saleability.

You don't have to believe me, but you can look this up for yourself using google. People tend to think small of metal especially if they're not into it. BUT! Metal (including screamy, growly, operatic etc.) not only has the largest fan base world wide than any other genre of music, but it also has the most devoted fan base as well. This makes your point irreverent of course as dubstep and pop both have gigantic fan bases. Not to mention people are always looking for a new spin on things. I would say their chances are just as good as anyone else around here. :thumbs up:

You don't have to believe me, but you can look this up for yourself using google. People tend to think small of metal especially if they're not into it. BUT! Metal (including screamy, growly, operatic etc.) not only has the largest fan base world wide than any other genre of music, but it also has the most devoted fan base as well. This makes your point irreverent of course as dubstep and pop both have gigantic fan bases. Not to mention people are always looking for a new spin on things. I would say their chances are just as good as anyone else around here. :thumbs up:

I think the point I was trying to make wasn't clear... the odds of finding listeners who like pop, AND metal, AND dubstep that would enjoy this enough to buy it are going to be few and far between. Then again, Moby and Beck and others (Zappa even) have made careers putting clashing styles of music together, but usually the genres being blended have some obvious overlap. I mesh these elements into my own songs, but I expect them to fail commercially. I think Hugo is trying to make a living on their music.

I think the point I was trying to make wasn't clear... the odds of finding listeners who like pop, AND metal, AND dubstep that would enjoy this enough to buy it are going to be few and far between. Then again, Moby and Beck and others (Zappa even) have made careers putting clashing styles of music together, but usually the genres being blended have some obvious overlap. I mesh these elements into my own songs, but I expect them to fail commercially. I think Hugo is trying to make a living on their music.

I get you totally. No one would buy this. If they just released it online or something it would just be more shit in the pile of shit. So, I'm not arguing completely, but I'm telling you there are a ton of HUGE bands who have a similar sound to what they're doing. I'm not really sure if it's anything new or different. I think it fits in with the kind of shit you would hear on the local rock radio station, if they could get some air play. Pretty big IF though...

You all have good points and we(my band) do music for ourselves and are not thinking about trying to sell millions. Heck, selling thousands would be amazing already. :D
But yeah, of course we want to get our music out there nevertheless. We just don't have the illusion that we'll be rich and famous. We're just trying to enjoy the ride and hoping for the best.
Well, the best we can do as an independent band is promote as much as possible and to the best of your ability. Thats what I try to do with the bands I'm in and myself. Maybe one day I/we can get lucky! haha :D

I do make a living as a musician but nothing to do with the bands I'm playing in... unfortunately.
I do mostly session work and drum lessons for that.

You all have good points and we(my band) do music for ourselves and are not thinking about trying to sell millions. Heck, selling thousands would be amazing already. :D
But yeah, of course we want to get our music out there nevertheless. We just don't have the illusion that we'll be rich and famous. We're just trying to enjoy the ride and hoping for the best.
Well, the best we can do as an independent band is promote as much as possible and to the best of your ability. Thats what I try to do with the bands I'm in and myself. Maybe one day I/we can get lucky! haha :D

I do make a living as a musician but nothing to do with the bands I'm playing in... unfortunately.
I do mostly session work and drum lessons for that.

Yeah most people don't buy shit online. You have to play shows. Where I live everyone plays in a cover song band. Some of the bands seem to get paid decently, but they do it on the side and all have real day jobs lol. Out of all the music I have done. I'm talking a shit load of music, some much crappier than others. I got maybe 5 sales. And I think I made 50 dollars lol. I got a few donations as well. Which I used to buy guitar strings lol... That's about it...

Yeah all you can do is play a lot of shows and hope people buy

;) phhhhhtttttt !!! mighty big words there that man ...

prove it :P

Song is well done. Song is well performed. A bit of a lot of genres pouring at you from all sides. Being a prog fan, I kind of like that. :)
Especially like the ending that just abruptly drops to acoustic and vocal...

Back