Gibson rolling back prices and features for 2016

Correct - this does have the wide plank neck.

Like I said though, this is exactly what I wanted as playing the thinner neck I kept slipping off the side. It's only a few mm's but personally it makes all the difference.

Cool dude. As long as you like it, that's all that matters. :thumbs up:

For me, I wouldn't mind the slightly wider neck if the profile weren't so flat. I have an SG with a slightly wider-than-normal 70s neck, but it's extra beefiness on the backside makes it no problem.

Oh, I didn't think the "traditional" had the shread neck on it.

Odd thing, I can understand why they want to offer things like the robot tuners, why not as an option. And the whole "shread neck" type thing... I can't understand why they just didn't add it to the range as an option, instead of making it the standard. They could have offered it as the Les Paul "Modern" or Les Paul "noodle fetish" or something.

I notice on my YouTube feed the other day that Rob Chapman has sold his 2015 model and got a normal Les Paul now. He obviously preferes to keep his shread necks on his shread guitars too!

---------- Update ----------

Correct - this does have the wide plank neck.

Like I said though, this is exactly what I wanted as playing the thinner neck I kept slipping off the side. It's only a few mm's but personally it makes all the difference.

Mate, if the neck suits you, that's great. One things for certain, its a beautiful fucking guitar.

Thanks, and even if I do say so myself, I do have to agree with you, it's a humdinger of a good looking guitar.

I've just nipped into town and picked up a VOX AC15 Valve Reactor Amp. Even though I already have a practice amp at home (pretty standard acoustic one that I occasionally use with my Gibson J45) it just wasn't cutting it for me.

Now to get that into the house without the Mrs asking any more questions that I have to dodge.

She finally asked me the price of my guitar last night (it must have been killing her not knowing for a whole day) - Told her it was in the sale and cost £449.99 :thumbs up: - ........... AND SHE THOUGHT THAT WAS EXPENSIVE !! She'd have gone apeshit mad if i'd told her the actual price.

That's why I like having my own separate checking account and a studio detached from the house. There is no explaining that has to be done about equipment purchases. A new mic, or guitar, or amp...
She never knows or cares for that matter.

She likes to go tit for tat on unnecessary spending though. If she knows I spend 300 bucks on a piece of music gear then she wants to spend the same amount on jewelry or clothes.

She likes to go tit for tat on unnecessary spending though. If she knows I spend 300 bucks on a piece of music gear then she wants to spend the same amount on jewelry or clothes.

I've got that same issue going wiht my wife. You can only sneek so much in before she starts noticing.

I've got that same issue going wiht my wife. You can only sneek so much in before she starts noticing.

yes, you can only sneek so much. hahaha
With the tit for tat rule the les Paul you got a fantastic deal on for $1600 ends up costing you $3200.
lol

Back