Get MIDI from Roland SE-02 to Waldorf Streichfett string machine

Hi,
Is someone know how to get the MIDI informations from the Roland SE-02 to play with the Waldorf Streichfett string machine?
I put a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the SE-02 to the MIDI IN of the Waldorf Streichfett and when I play notes or sequences on the SE-02 nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure there are some settings to parameter on the SE-02 but I can't find any procedure on the web.
If someone knows these two synths and give me some lights, I would appreciate it so much.

MIDI has 16 channels, allowing you to drive several different synths off the same cable by daisy-chaining them. I would expect the Streichfett is probably listening on the wrong one - I don't remember what it defaults to.
You can either change the output channel on the SE2 or the input channel on the Streichfett. If I remember correctly, in the case of the Streichfett you have to press a button combination and then play notes on the keyboard and it'll lock to whatever MIDI channel you used on the keyboard. This is unusual as most machines have a setup menu or possibly a DIP switch allowing you to select the channel.

I used to have a Roland keyboard many years ago, and you needed to press a combination of keys to select particular channels. It was not an obvious way of selecting channels, and I needed someone to tell me that.

Back