"Geordie" - acoustic folk

Nice song. I like your wife’s vocals. The mandolin(?) seems to pull this whole mix to the left and leaves it a bit unbalanced to my ears (could be to the right, as I’m listening on ear buds and I could very well have them in backwards, lol). Not quite sure how to fix it - maybe make it a little less prominent.

Good stuff.

Really like this one as well! her voice reminds me of Amy Grant a bit, great emotion and tone.
As far as the mix, the instrumentation placement would not be my approach but thats subjective.
You have outstanding music !

@DungBeatle : Thanks again! 🙂

@dachay2tnr : Thanks for the listen! I think you may be talking about the guitar(?), because that's playing almost the whole time and is panned quite wide I believe. I'll check it out.

@gecko zzed : Thanks! I agree about her voice. (That was me on the mandolin solo, by the way. 🙂)

@Papanate : Thanks. I actually have the WA-14 (Warm audio clone of the 414), and we really like it on her voice. I don't think it was used on this one, though, because I don't think I had it yet.

@LogicLover : Thanks so much! Regarding the panning decisions, I don't really have a go-to method, and I'm very influenced by other things I hear. I'll listen to an old Beatles or McCartney album in headphones and think, "That sounds awesome! I really need to do some extreme panning on a track." Things like that. 😉

Back