Fundamental tone generator?

notCardio

I walk the line
OK, the answer to this is probably so simple as to be staring me in the face, but does anyone know where I can find somethnig to generate fundamental tones (no harmonics) at user specified frequencies? I want to get a dual 31-band graphic eq and be able to generate individual tones that specifically correspond to those bands. I'm not looking for white noise, pink noise, or any other color noise. Just individual fundamentals. I'm not shooting a room or setting up monitors, btw. Which reminds me, I'd prefer it to be something I can do either 'in the box', or at least run it into the line in on a mixer.

And if I'm a dufus because it's so obvious, feel free to call me out on it, just tell me the answer.

Thanks.

Thanks, guys!

About a year ago, I developed a pretty severe hearing loss in one ear, but the amount of loss is different at different frequencies. I'm going to try to plot the loss by frequency compared to the other ear, and correct fot it with eq on the monitoring side of things.

Interesting idea. Might work on headphones. Not on speakers though.

If the dips are more than 10dB, you might get some real weird things happening as you try to compensate at those frequencies . . .even on headphones.

Back