FS: Ibanez Double Neck- 1978 Jimmy Page Copy

Chris Shaeffer

Peavey ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone want a double neck? Its an early Ibanez copy of the Gibson model Page plays. Serial E780589 so its after the law suit but no one is going to know the difference from the stage. The "Ibanez" logo on the headstocks is even in script that makes it look a more like "Gibson" if you don't look close.

And its a *very* good instrument in its own right. Harmony Central's reviews are here: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Ibanez/2402WH+Twin+Neck/10/1

The top review (by CLogic) is mine and describes the very machine I'm selling. If you've always wanted to try out the over/under guitars this is a great deal. I'd be keeping it, but its among the many things that I can't justify shipping to Hawaii as I wind down on my move.

Looking for about what I paid for it- $600- and I'm open to offers. Shipping will be from the Bay Area, CA (94025). I'd ideally want to sell and ship this soon as I'm moving next week.

PM me, reply in this thread, or email me directly at cls (at) chrisshaeffer [dot] com. Paypal.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• guitarandcase.jpg
    guitarandcase.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 30
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 39
  • headstocks.jpg
    headstocks.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 37
  • neckplates.jpg
    neckplates.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 27
Wish I had the cash

'78 Ibanez was generally high quality stuff. And you still have the case and everything. You obviously take good care of your guitars.

But I could never figure out what to use it for except 'Stairway', and I can't even play that anyway. :(

Somebody jump on this!

Funny.

I sat down to write a "bump" post with a little sales pitch for the guitar. It really is a fantastic instrument and good for more than just playing "Stairway." :)

In fact its one of my favorite guitars and has been my main songwriting guitar since I got earlier this year. I plug in to an old, cheap multi-effects floor box and noodle away. When I get stuck on a part I just switch necks and that usually gives me a fresh take on it.

Great for recording, too, and in the studio no one is going to shout "Play Stairway, maaaahn!" Sometimes some chord inversion on the 12 are *exactly* what a part needs to come alive.

So- thinking about my little sales pitch I totally talked myself out of selling it! :D

"Wait! It HAS been my main songwriting machine! Why am I selling it?!!?" I'll just have to pony up the shipping to Hawaii. Drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the move...

Couldn't figure out how to delete the thread (no edit button?!) so...

Take care,
Chris

Here's a bump for ya. If it wasn't so close to Christmas, I think I'd jump on that just because of the cool factor.

Sucks that you're selling it to move to Hawaii....when you get there, you'll have to sell everything else just to pay rent. The cost of living is rediculous over there :eek:

Good luck!

punkin said:
Here's a bump for ya. If it wasn't so close to Christmas, I think I'd jump on that just because of the cool factor.

Sucks that you're selling it to move to Hawaii....when you get there, you'll have to sell everything else just to pay rent. The cost of living is rediculous over there :eek:

He's moving from Menlo Park, CA (Bay Area). I wouldn't be surprised if his cost of living went down.... :D

costs of living eh? very happy to be dependent still, my dad's property tax bill came the other day and he's been sulking for days now... poor guy.

especially sucks when school officials, including the superintendent of my district where caught stealing about 10 mil last year, and the school tax still went up again. did that news make it past here, it was a pretty big deal over here..

Ha! Yeah- gas and some foods are a little higher in HI on the Big Island, but nothing tops rent in the Bay Area. How do young adults make it here?! For various reasons (roommates instead of living on my own, etc.) my cost of living IS actually going down. Can't beat that.

Honolulu would probably be more expensive then CA, though. Oahu is a zoo. A beautiful, fun, exciting zoo but still a zoo. At least to me- some people (about a million) love it.

Tragik- I didn't hear that news, but then I avoid news if at all possible. I wouldn't be surprised if a ripple went out, but I don't think it got major coverage. That's a LOT of money for a school district. That sucks. Talk about stealing candy from a baby. There's a special place in hell for those kinda folks.

Back