Free Shit

Snowman999

We were at a flea market today, and near the end of the day people make FREE piles. I walk past and a Digitech RP200A in the box was sitting there. It was at some point sold used from a music store. What did I have to lose? I plugged it in, downloaded the manual, the thing works. FREE! You can't get it any cheaper, unless the person paid you to take it.

Oh, they don't have garbage cans at the flea market. They want sellers to take everything with them. That's why they have free piles.

This is just a photo off the web. Mine's a little dirtier. But, the sucker works.
1694989870336.png

We've got a large local flea market down the street. I haven't been there in years. To me it was not much different than an indoor mall with all the high prices. Lots of stuff selling above retail. I have to say though, I never really paid attention to music/audio gear when I was there. I was in a kind of music limbo in those days. I should probably trip on over there just to check out music stuff.

I picked up an RP350 cheaply a few years back. Between it and a PODxt, I have used the latter a whole lot more. I never really got the hang of the RP355. I thought that having the pedal would let me use it for whammy sounds, and maybe a volume control. It just didn't work out for me, and ended up on the shelf for the most part. Sometimes I take it out and play with it for the looper, but I'm not a looper kind of guy.

I should put it on Craigslist but that would take some effort.

We've got a large local flea market down the street. I haven't been there in years. To me it was not much different than an indoor mall with all the high prices. Lots of stuff selling above retail. I have to say though, I never really paid attention to music/audio gear when I was there. I was in a kind of music limbo in those days. I should probably trip on over there just to check out music stuff.
You never know what you can find. Maybe it's my part of PA, most of the people don't care about making a lot. They just want to make some money. In Jersey, no one would give anything away.

In one of the thrift stores we go to, they've had four Dali prints (great prints) up for auction. They sell for a fraction of their value. Many will nitpick with a clerk about price, and then round up to the nearest dollar for charity. It's a whole new way of living I'm seeing.
I picked up an RP350 cheaply a few years back. Between it and a PODxt, I have used the latter a whole lot more. I never really got the hang of the RP355. I thought that having the pedal would let me use it for whammy sounds, and maybe a volume control. It just didn't work out for me, and ended up on the shelf for the most part. Sometimes I take it out and play with it for the looper, but I'm not a looper kind of guy.

I should put it on Craigslist but that would take some effort.
I tried it when I first got it home, and it's back in the box. I'll get around to really using it at some point. But, I've been in this place 2 years, and my mini studio is still in boxes.

The RP200A on ebay actually sells for about $50.

I recently picked up a Cascio SK-1 at a thrift store for $5. Sold it on ebay for $90. That's a fun little keyboard. It does a lot too.

Now is the time to list shit on craigslist or ebay. Christmas isn't far away.
While no one in their right mind would BUY one of those today... how can you say no to FREE? Make some noise!
I can only make noise with headphones, and my hearing can't afford it. I have all different frequencies ringing at the same time 24-7.

We were at a flea market today,. I walk past and a Digitech RP200A in the box was sitting there.

This is just a photo off the web. Mine's a little dirtier. But, the sucker works.
View attachment 133319
Digitech is still made in the USA. Nice one..Gold shit. Digitech incorporates the Whammy Tech into everything ....to give you your moneys worth.
afdgbsrvqu5pd2nn9h2y.jpg

I liked the 'vocal 300' great for voice. Whammy for expanded vocal ranging. Manual phasing..whatever to add something to your voice.

Those Wah WAh buttons are infra red.. and have a hold function.

Back