Found an old peavey mic, can't figure out what it is.

TyphoidHippo

1Trillion K Platinum User
I just found this mic in the bottom of a cable bin and figured I'd throw it on ebay for 20 bucks or so (maybe somebody somewhere can use it and make something awesome, heh...), but I can not, for the life of me, find out exactly what it is.

pviMysteryMic.JPG
pviMysteryMic2.JPG

Peavey has PVi-100, PVi-2, PVi-3 and some other PVi crap listed here and there, but they all clearly have a number after the PV-i which is written on the mic, and they're not really the same shape as this one to begin with. Since this one has no number, I assumed it was the original "PVi" and the numbered ones came later - but I can't find one single mention of that being the case anywhere on the Internet, including Peavey's archived manuals for discontinued products. Looking through Google images I found these pics of the same mic (the one in my hand is that microphone, no doubt), and it's from an ebay listing for a "pv-i 30", which turns up zero results on Google, so he's selling his as the wrong thing, too, apparently - unless darlo66 is the only person in the world who knows what a "pv-i 30" is....

I know it's just some run-of-the-mill utility mic and nothing special, it's just driving me nuts now that I can't find which generic utility mic it is, grrr.... Anybody know wtf this is or... anything relevant about old peavey mics?

oh - the pics don't show the bottom, but it's just a plain XLR socket on the bottom like any other mic - no wireless or anything involved, either. Surely there exists a BS frequency response chart or some kind of something that Peavey printed out with words on it acknowledging they ever created this damn thing.... somewhere....right?

Back