found a cool guitar!

That's a split. Coil Split splits the coil from humbucker to single. A "tap" just takes a milder reading from deeper within the winding. It taps into the signal.

Oh ok. I think I had some coil tap pickups. They were Duncan JB quarter pounders and had 3 wires...a ground, a hot, and a hotter hot. You could wire them to be kind of tame or really hot.

Vantage made excellent guitars & basses.
I've been after any of their coil tapped axes for years but, in the last 2 years, the prices have sky rocketted. You got a GREAT deal Jimi. My fav bass is a vantage. the electronics in all vantage I dealt with have been spot on. Anyway - GOOD SCORE.

Vantage made excellent guitars & basses.
I've been after any of their coil tapped axes for years but, in the last 2 years, the prices have sky rocketted. You got a GREAT deal Jimi. My fav bass is a vantage. the electronics in all vantage I dealt with have been spot on. Anyway - GOOD SCORE.

I think it was a great deal too rayc.
last night I sprayed contact cleaner in the pots and worked them back and forth. The pots work flawlessly now with no crackle. The only component that needs replacing is the pickup selector switch. I happen to have a genuine Gibson long shaft switch that's been in my parts box for years.
The pickups sound pretty good. Not as good as the Duncan 59ers I had loaded in my Les Paul studio but better than the stock pickups that came out of my studio.

Back