Fostex MR16Hd Hard Drive issues

aceteleman

Does anybody know what hard drives will work in an MR16, other than the factory replacement?? I get better answers and responses in this forum than from ANY product's so called 'Customer Support'....

The issues is when I switch to USB to transfer files to my PC, I get a popup that there are errors on the hard drive and Windows wants to repair them, Windows responds that it can't repair the errors. There is the option to continue without scanning and everything works just fine in the transfer. I've re-formatted the hd several times and this stops the popup for the first few times I transfer files after and then the errors return.

I contacted Fostex Support and the 1st person I was in contact with (email) told me it's an indication that the HD could crash at anytime.

I was then passed between two other people, who took nearly 2 weeks to respond, (they responded quick enough when I wrote back and told them I really appreciated the run around) only to find that THEY do not sell parts to the 'end user' and I must go through an authorized service center.

I work on my own computers and have several spare hard drives but I don't want to chance using one of them if there's a possibily it would mess up my recorder, all of them are much larger than 40gb. So if anyone here knows about this I'd appreciate your response....

Thanks,
The Teleman

The service manual gives the part description for the HD as:-
8270 9440 02 428351 HARD DISK ASSY, IDE, 3.5INCH, WD800BB (80G)
8270 9440 01 427204 HARD DISK ASSY, IDE, 3.5INCH, WD400BB (40G)

Hope this is of some help.

If you want a copy of the service manual .pdf format, PM me with your e-mail address.

Thanks Terfyn....

I don't know how to pm in here but I don't mind giving you my email this way...

aceteleman77@yahoo.com

I wonder why this is showing me as a new member, I've been a member of this forum for 7 years, lol....

Back