Fostex mr16 will not save songs

bgsolo

Hey.. I have a fostex mr16. Its been working fine until yesterday. When i try to save a new song, it overlaps and deletes the last song saved. I know i have tons of space on the drive for new recording but for some reason it just wont record a song now without deleting the last one. Please help

Hey.. I have a fostex mr16. Its been working fine until yesterday. When i try to save a new song, it overlaps and deletes the last song saved. I know i have tons of space on the drive for new recording but for some reason it just wont record a song now without deleting the last one. Please help

Sorry for resurrecting a 3+ year old post, but the same thing is happening to me---Does anybody know what would cause this/if there is a way to recover the overwritten song files? Can't find them as hidden folders or anything when looking at the drive :( Thanks

The tons of space? Were they created by "deleting" previous songs?
Have you re-formatted the disk and started from a genuinely empty disk?

I ask this because "deleting" a song does not remove the song from the disk, it only puts a delete flag on the file. The only way to free up disk space is to format the disk.

The tons of space? Were they created by "deleting" previous songs?
Have you re-formatted the disk and started from a genuinely empty disk?

I ask this because "deleting" a song does not remove the song from the disk, it only puts a delete flag on the file. The only way to free up disk space is to format the disk.

Thanks for the reply---Issue I'm having is that when I go to Song > Select Song > (New Song) it will create an empty new song but it overwrites the song in the slot I last used. For example pretend this is my list of songs:

S01: Song1
S02: Song2
S03: Song3
S04: Song4
S05: Song5
S06: Song6
---: (New Song)

If I last used S05:Song5, and then go to Song > Select Song > (New Song), it brings up the dialog prompting me to name the new song (as Song7). When I press enter to save, the new song is created, but when I go back to the select song menu, there's no record of the previous "Song5". "Song7" is now in its place and I can't locate the track files for "Song5" anywhere.

S01: Song1
S02: Song2
S03: Song3
S04: Song4
S05: Song7
S06: Song6
---: (New Song)

I'm running a data recovery tool on the drive now to see if it can locate the Song5 track files if they were deleted. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

For anyone else experiencing this issue, a program called PhotoRec was able to recover my lost songs. Still havent figured out why the MR-16 continues to record over the same slot when trying to start a new song though.

Back