fostex mr16 question:

derk

my machine keeps flashing "HDD FULL PRESS ENTER KEY" anytime i try to record. the manual just confirmed that this is a legitimate and deliberate message from fostex but it didn't tell me how to fix the "warning". i deleted a few old songs and still the message appeared. i hope this can be fixed easily, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
derk

When you delete songs, it merely clears them from the song list, the memory is still virtually 'used'. You actually have to format the disk to purge the used memory. Of course, formatting will wipe the disk clean of all data, so make sure to back up everything you want to keep. If you have downloaded Fostex's WAV Manager, you can easily move your songs over to your pc via USB. Hope this helps.

Where do I go to download Fostex's Wav Manager. Any website and what version. I found a Fostex's website, but it has the updated version only. Which version do I need to download first. Please help. I got the same problem "HDD FULL PRESS ENTER KEY." Don't know what to do from here.

WavManager V2.12 works with Windows XP. Go to the FostexInternational site, Support and WavManager software. Download both the Wavmanager software and the .pdf file of instructions. WavManager makes the MR16 look like an external drive to your PC.

Try to download the songs you want to keep on to your PC. Then try to re-format the disk.

If this fails and the MR16 is locked up and will not do anything. Try the following:-
1) Connect the AC cable and power on MR16. After the bootup procedure
is completed, the display on the right will appear on the MR16
LCD.
2) Press the [MENU/ENTER] dial while holding down the [STOP]
and [POWER] keys. If you do so, "Service Mode" is displayed on
the MR16 LCD.
CAUTION: If the [POWER] key is held down for more than three
seconds, MR16 turns off. Please be careful to expedite
the above manipulation 2).
3) Rotate the [MENU/ENTER] dial and select “Service Mode”. Then,
press the [MENU/ENTER] dial. You can see that the following service
menus will appear on the MR16 LCD.
Select one of the service menus you would like to execute and press
the [MENU/ENTER] dial. In this case Advanced Format.

Advanced Format
MR16 checks the remaining capacity / partition information written on the
internal HD in the bootup process after powering on. In case this information
does not match the current HD condition, the “Advanced Format”
service menu can be used. For example, even if no song has been created
(recorded) but the remaining capacity indicates only 10MB, execute the
“Advanced Format” menu.
As indicated on the right, please remember that executing the “Advanced
Format” deletes all the songs recorded on the internal HD.

The disk on the MR16 is not designed for long term storage. Once you have done a recording session, mixed your recording and created the stereo WAV file in the 2MIX folder then download it to your PC or burn it to a CD THEN re-format the disk for the next recording session. Use your PC or a CD for long term storage.

Back