FOSTEX M80 ch. 5 does not receive or record signal

medved69

hello,
i own a fostex m80 8 trk.tape machine tested all channels and #5 doesn't receive or record any signal. any ideas?
many thanks

I'm not not sure how handy you are, but you might want to crack open the casing and check to see if any soldering might have to be done.. Or you can check it into getting service? do any lights (of signal flow) show up when you run something thru the channel? or it is completely dead?

i thought of that...

I'm not not sure how handy you are, but you might want to crack open the casing and check to see if any soldering might have to be done.. Or you can check it into getting service? do any lights (of signal flow) show up when you run something thru the channel? or it is completely dead?

yeah i thought of that. i've been building guitars and mod-ing mics, so i'm pretty good with the soldering gun.got to the plate that holds the rca plugs and the screws were so tight i couldn't get them to turn,started to strip(philips head). going to try a small amount of penetrating oil. ch. 5 plays though,so it seems like a solder problem.
on a different note, how ,if i can do i change the play speed on the m80?

many thanks

Back