Fostex D2424LV 24 Bit 96Khz 24 Track Recorder

Sterling30

Anyone using this model and how much better/worse is it over the original Dostex D2424?

p17228D.jpg

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2003111101230897&item=FOS+D2424LV&sprc=true

I have a friend who uses the D2424LV to record live and he reports no serious issues regarding quality or reliability. I have read, however, that the new Fostex changed the configuration on the A/D-D/A converters. As I recall, the original D2424 had separate A/D-D/A chips and the new model uses a combination chip. At any rate, check out these and other Fostex 2424 issues on rec.pro.audio or go to Google>Groups and searcg Fostex D2424LV.

The original price for the D2424 was well over $2,000 and the current model (D2424LV) is now $1,299. You have to wonder if this price drop is a function of market forces, the pricing curve that affects technology items, or a deliberate attempt on the part of the manufacturer to offer a lower price through production shortcuts. You also have to wondfer how the D2424LV stacks up against the 24 track models by Mackie and Alesis.

I have a D824 and D2424LV. I think they both sound great and are very reliable. I've never done a side by side double blind comparison but I've never noticed one sounding better than the other. I think the D824 may use the same converters as the D2424 but I'm not sure.

Personally the only reason I can think of to spend more money then $1299 on a 24 track HD recorder would be to get the Tascam ( probably ) or the RADAR ( definitely ). ( or Genex )

Best of luck!

John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

Hi, sorry for Hijack but i need help!, how do i post a "new thread", im reg and logged in but cant find the button,.i have a Fostex 24 24 question?,,.ted.

Back