Fostex D 1624 SSD and Midicontroller

clock

Hey Guys,

nice to meet you all. Im new to this forum and i've got some questions about the Fostex D 1624.
I am a drummer and musician from germany and i am thinking of a 1624 for playing some backing tracks at our liveshows.
I always used Laptops, but i just want something more reliable and safe.
My first question is, if it possible to replace the normal IDE Harddrive with an SSD, because i'am a little bit concerned about the bassfrequencies at our liveshows, and i want to avoid dropouts. The rack with the 1624 will be right next to me at my drumset, so there is always the possibilty of a shaking drumriser.

My second question is, if there is a way to start and stop the songs with a standart midifootcontroller. Moving forwards and backwards in the songlist would be great, too.

So that's all for the moment. Any help would be really really great :)

I am not a native speaker, so i hope my English is good enough :)

Thank you!
Cheers
Sebastian

I know nothing about the D824/1624 but I do have the User Manual. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I will send you all the files I have on this machine.
Re an SSD, it would need to look exactly like the approved IDE for it to work. I know Fostex machines are very temperamental with non spec kit.

As the front is detachable and all the controls could be mounted close to your drum kit but the main box+IDE could be in a remote location from you, (you would need an extension lead - see User Manual) vibration may not be a problem.

Back