FormattingproblemsFostex D2424LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

micha

Hello,
I am from the Netherlands, therefore I apologize myself for my "english".

I bought a few months ago my Fostex D-2424 LV (second hand) and everything worked perfect. Then I decided to buy an extra caddy with a Western Digital 160 Gb HardDisc. The same as original was fitted in my 2424 (and recommended by Fostex). I started to format (standard format) en after 26 (!) hours, the formatting was finished. I had a remaining space of 45 Gb(?). I tried it a second time and than I had a free space of 33 Gb.
I sended the HD to the Dutch importer. They formatted it on their own D-2424. I received it back with a free space of 160050 MB(?). Erase format was not longer possible, so I sended also my D-2424 to the importer. The gave it a firmware-update(that should be the source of all the problems)and sended all the stuff back. I was glad for the next one and a half day. Than I discovered that nothing had changed (despite an invoice of € 250,-) The third effort to format took nearly TWO days and than the display showed "no format".
I bought tot be sure a second extra HD (WD 1600), which isn't even to format. despite the removal of the jumpers as advised in the manual. The dutch importer has one(!) engineer who started there a year ago and he has no experience with the D-2424. So he had to ask Fostex Japan, which does not respond quickly.
I need my D-2424 in the third week of March, for a recordingsession and does not know what to do, because nobody seems to know, how to see through the way, the formatting of the D-2424 works.
Is this for anybody recognizable and is there maybe someone who has the solution? Does somebody know, how many bytes are nescessary for the formatting? People told me that 1.5 Gb is normal. Is this true?

The Jumpers (master/slave) are removed as it is on the original (Fostex)WD 1600. The quick format seems to give 160 Gb, but then there is no ERASEformat possible.

A lot of questions around one problem. Hopely somebody can help me. Thanks in advance!
MICHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back