'Formations'

frank1985

Just finished mixing this track if anyone fancies giving it a listen. I guess you could classify it as 'ambient' / experimental. The finale features a really cool trumpet part that I had a friend record for me. He totally kills it so I hope I did it justice with the rest of the track. It is titled 'Formations' and my intention was to give it a movie-soundtrack type of vibe. It's part of a nerdy concept album based on alien visitation, and this particular song signifies the arrival of various UFOs in the night sky, just before all hell breaks loose :o

Track 3 Test Mix by FC1985 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
The guitar tones were decent. The lead/riff guitar sounded pretty good. The crunch rhythm had a somewhat sizzly upper midrange - gave it a digital feel.

I'm hearing a lot of hiss.

The mood you set up with reverb is pretty cool for what you were going for. Not my thing musically, but the reverb tails sounded pretty nice.

I wanted the song to go somewhere or do something different.

The bass swells get a bit loud in one or two spots.

The trumpet sound was pretty harsh and loud. I think it needs a big cut in the 2500hz range.

Thanks TripleM, I'm currently making a few changes based on your feedback. Btw, the noise comes from an analog tape emutation plugin that i'm using. Would anyone else like to offer some feedback?

Back