For sale: Yamaha AN1x 61key analog modeling synthesizer $400

Gunther

For sale: Yamaha AN1x 61key analog modeling synthesizer $400

This is a 61key Yamaha AN1x analog modeling keyboard in good condition, including the manual and DC power adaptor.
The keyboard is located in Long Island New York (zip 11362.) Email me at cea111@hotmail.com or send me a private message on this forum if you’re interested. I can email digital pictures on request (and possibly MP3s if needed). Buyer pays shipping, provide your zip if you want an estimate.

Detailed specs can be found here: http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/an1x/

AS A SYNTH:
The analog modeling synthesis is well implemented in this keyboard and sounds fantastic. Not only does it sound awesome, but once you get situated with the basic operation it’s fairly easy to create some great, wild, expressive sounds (it’s quite addictive). I’ve loaded it with some of the best patches made for the AN1x, so it sounds really hot right now (you can revert to the factory default patches by doing a system reset.)

AS A MIDI CONTROLER:
One reason I hate to sell this is that it has the best ultra-light keyboard I have ever played. The action is crisp, sharp and extremely fast… it’s a lot better than the spongy, soggy keys that most non-weighted boards have. Additionally, it has a ribbon controller as well as the basic pitch bend and mod wheel. I’m not 100% sure, but I also think the 8 real time control knobs can be configured as real time controls for an external device (I’ll have to check the manual.)

OTHER NOTES:
This keyboard originally sold for aprox $1200 in 1997. Its sounds are still very current, and the keyboard is in fact virtually replicated on a $299 plug-in for the Motif -- PLG150-AN (though the polyphony is cut in half on the plug-in I believe). If you’re in the market for an analog synth, a midi controller or both, you’d have a hard time finding a better value than this.

Note: There is a chip in the plastic of the under side of the first white key. This can be seen when looking up and into the underside of the keyboard (it does not affect the function of the key at all).

Although the Keyboard is in perfect working condition, this is used gear and being sold AS IS. I will not accept returns. Local pickup is OK if you’re in the Long Island, New York area.

Back