FMR RNC, Modified MXL 990, Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 A/D/A

silentsky

I've currently got the following gear for sale:

Modified MXL 990 with headbasket mod and capacitor upgrade. Includes factory shockmount. I've done the capacitor swap on many 603's and 991's, but never a 990, so I bought this mic used and did the mods just for fun and a learning experience. Asking $99. Also have it listed on Ebay with pics and more details about the mods:

Modified MXL 990 Microphone Mic with Electronics and Headbasket Mod Modded | eBay

Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496. Excellent stereo A/D/A converter, and can also be used as a sample rate converter for matching disparate pieces of gear with digital ins and outs. When I bought this unit, the rack ears had been removed for use in a home theater setup, so I had to find some replacements. The left rack ear is actually the right ear from another Behringer unit, so the logo on it is upside down. You could probably remove the logo with some household cleaner if it bothers you. In excellent condition, and works perfectly. I'm only selling it because I got a good deal on another high-end stereo A/D/A converter. Includes power cable, two S/PDIF coaxial cables for connecting to a S/PDIF-equipped recording interface, and complete Word Clock cable kit with RG59 cable, T-connector, and terminating resistor. Asking $135

FMR RNC. In great working condition. Just doesn't see much use anymore. Includes power supply. Asking $130

Will ship all items via USPS Priority Mail for free in the continental U.S.

The mod is definitely an improvement. I've got a pair of MXL 603's (same circuit and capsule as the 990) with the same capacitor swap mod that I use all of the time for acoustic guitars and drum overheads. Prior to doing the mod, I hardly used them at all, and when I did, I wasn't too impressed with the results.

Back