First shot at Recording with my new POD

Hi SinepTaf,
Good intro. Though the bass runs blur a bit as it devlops. The percussives are a really thin as if hitting the skins with chop sticks.Ah, and then comes the distorted guitar & it all fell apart for me. Dial in a digitalli created distortion & well you know the rest. The sections with THAT sound are really pedestrian & detract from the interesting sounds & ideas of the rest of the piece.
I don't think even Spinal Tap's most knowingly silly songs used the sound.
Sorry
Cheers
rayC

yea its with a POD xt here is a second song we recorded what you think of it rayc?

I think I got the drums sounds WAY more full.

I don't think it sounds that bad either. Could sound a little fuller but not terrible. I think the rest of the tones sounded good. I'm so sick of everyone just going for a tube sound.

that second song has a lot of clipping in the guitars. Or at leats it sounds that way. Drums sound better though. Yeah the guitars sound really bad IMO. I'm not saying the podxt sucks. Just that you really should work harder on getting a good distorted tone.

Thanks for your comments. I have only had the PODxt for 2 days and Haven't had time to play around with it much and find that perfect sound. I hope to thought and this may just turn into a pritty fun hobby.

definately is a fun hobby. I've only been into recording for a couple months. But I love it :D Just keep working on the your tone. It'll get much better. Mine has. Still quite havent it gotten it the way I want yet.

Now that I remember the clip light was going off alot on the mixer. I just totally forgot to fix it. BUMMER Oh well Guess I get to rerecord :) atleast its fun to do!

SinepTaf said:
Now that I remember the clip light was going off alot on the mixer. I just totally forgot to fix it. BUMMER Oh well Guess I get to rerecord :) atleast its fun to do!

Post it when you ahe it re-resorded with no clipping. I would love to hear it. Thanks...

I like the riff
I like the 2nd song even though the 1st had more variation.
I just don't like the guitar FX sound.
What can I say? I love & own all the original line up Sabbath, all the Zep, Queen's 1st 4, all the 1st 2 eras of Budgie you can buy - all of Tool, & a lot of proggie 60's/70's stuff. So I LOVE heavy metal BUT not the stuff with THAT guitar sound. - I have to admit to disliking Metallica and having no time for the NWOBHMetal. Just like I can't abide the trade mark sound of ELO/Jeff Lynne.
So, I'm a simple creature (simpleton) who can't get passed THAT sound.
Maybe I should start a thread of bands using that sound....or call it A Few of My Least favourite Things.
The most important thing is:
Keep making music, recording & sharing it.
Cheers
rayC

Back