Firewire upgrade on 2 year old Lenovo Ideapad?

ColdToTheTouch

Im sick of the unrealistic feel of using a mouse to control my mixer in StudioOne 2...and I would also like to be able to track an entire drum kit, with more than 2 mics, since my M-Audio MobilePre USB interface only has 2 mic/line channels. ive somewhat asked a similar question months back about whether or not just using a "firewire to USB" adapter will work, and the general consensus was absolutely not. Since I dont have firewire on my laptop, and most of the interfaces and digital mixers that I feel will work best for me, are Firewire, is there an exernal usb-firewire device? i guess that may sound stupid... because firewire is supposed to be faster, but if its being connected thru USB, then it would totally defeat the purpose right? SO...the only way to enjoy the benefits of Firewire, is to purchase a system that comes stock with FW? no other way to get a firewire device to work properly on a system that didnt come with FW? i know this may be a really dumb question, but I must know. I really would rather invest the $$ into other important gear than a whole new computer, however, I do understand the importance of having a quality computer dedicated to STUDIO WORK ONLY. im still a PC guy, since its what Ive used pretty much my whole life. (except for maybe kindergarten, playing Oregon Trail on an old school macintosh. haha) but I do believe that soon enough I will make the switch. I appreciate all of your time, and I hope I didnt bore you all to death, and someone can give me some quality advice..Thanks a ton!!

Shawn

Back