Finally finished this track I had laying around.

witm8

Decided to be the Noel Gallagher on this track and let someone else be the Liam, so I just worked away with my guitar in the background to get it right.

It's a cool song - the crackling is a distraction. You should also re-record the guitar - it needs to be fuller and more robust.

Thanks, incidentally I 100% completely disagree with both the points that you make above.

yeah, that's never going to happen. Why would I re-record the guitar once the track is already finished :) It's done, move on. Glad you find the crackling a distraction - at least it causes people to think about what's going on - I personally love it, which is why I put it on, so that'll be staying as well. Plus I think the guitar would sound absolutely awful if it was fuller and more robust - but I'm kind of glad you point it out, because I was purposely trying to make it 'thin' and 'weak', because I wanted it to sit behind the vocals, so that it doesn't overwhelm it, as the vocals are most important here IMO, so a great big full and robust guitar booming along in the background is an awful idea.

Back