Few Microphone Questions About Beta 58a and AT4040 and NT1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ive been looking for some new mics to try. ive owned a at4040 before. I really liked how much presence it had and it did sound very natural. besides it having maybe too much bass and being a little too flat not having much top end i really liked it. it kinda reminded me of a sm7b being so bassy and not having sibilance but at the end of the day i ended up tilting it near my chest and talking over it trying to get the top end.

i never had a nt100 before but people say its better than the nt1a? why the nt1a i have been using requires quite a bit of eq for spoken word and im not really 100% satisfied with it.

i have good memories about the nd767a when i had one but i ended up buying it and selling it several times cause it didnt sound very natural but i liked how clear it was. ive been thinknig about trying the beta 58a. again i wanna use these for "home recording" spoken word. got any other recommendations around 200 dollars used mics?

The answers aren't going to mean much because you want to know how the mics sound on your voice....plus you have experience with more microphones than most people on this forum.

I'll defer to another mod for the final decision, but I don't think we need a stack of these going-no-where threads again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back