Few Amps on one guitar

Prospector

Hi guys. I've seen that people like to use not one amp for guitar but 2,3 or more. Can you tell me how to use for example 2 amps ? Im looking some metal hight gain tone. Do I just need to put two exacly the same setting with two different amp? Or I need to change setting proppely ? Does distortion from two amps wont be "destroyed" with a boom sound or smth ?

I would suggest you use ONE amp. When you can record a killer tone with just one amp, then you can move on to layering multiple amps. More amps and layers doesn't mean better distortion, it means more mess.

Are you talking about for recording, playing live or just messing around jamming? I use two amps for jamming by myself and its pretty fun. I have an a/b/y pedal that splits my signal and some pedals on each amp, one of them being a looper. So Ill make a loop on one amp then switch over to the other amp to play on top of it. I have a lot of fun with it. Recently a buddy came in from out of town and we jammed with drums and guitar, he was playing guitar. For part of one session he unknowingly had both amps going at the same time but one was just playing clean. We were recording these ideas just having fun. When he went to mix them he used that clean amps signal and re-amped it with whatever sim he uses and it turned out pretty cool.

I am in general agreement with Greg here. K.I.S.Sir!.....On the other hand I am all for peeps buying more amps! (tho I do not get Bean One from it)

Anytime you hook two amps together in any way you run the risk of a hum (aka, Ground /Earth) loop and this can be tricky to fix without compromising tone.

Dave.

Back