Feedback on some drone tracks?

J-P

Hi everyone. I recorded three drone tracks and put them on Soundcloud as an EP: https://soundcloud.com/user-379345237-627245634/sets/shadows-and-sunrays

This was my first attempt at making drone, so if it sounds amateurish that's why - and to clarify, I mean "drone" in a slightly more traditional sense, as opposed to something like Sunn O))). Any feedback is welcome.

(I ran a Yamaha PSR-32 keyboard straight through my M-Audio USB interface, and the beats are from a Roland R8-M. The results were very lo-fi and I thought I may as well embrace that.)

I appreciate your input!

I kind of skipped through them, since nothing was holding my interest enough. But I thought the first one had the most potential. The lo-fi sound doesn't bother me at all, and I actually think it sounds cool, but the lack of tension, direction, or any variation is the main problem. I guess that's what "drone" is, but still, it has to do something more interesting. I'd focus on composition/song. It's always the most important part.

There isn't a whole lot to review. Just synth notes playing with some simple rhythm in the background. The backing rhythm was cool sounding. The stereo movement was cool.

I thought the synth tone would sound nicer with a high mid cut - like in the mid 2Khz's.

Back