"Favourite" free piano VSTi?

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Any recommendations?

I'm finding lots out there, but nothing's yet grabbed me. I may (gasp) have to pay for something..

Looking for a standard acoustic grand piano type sound.

CV Piano is closest so far but can't quite get the sound I want and the free version doesn't seem tweakable, or at least it crashes Reaper everytime I try!

Open for suggestions... even non-free ones.

Cheers

Great thanks for the advice, Armistice, sounds much better than what I was using...

:D lol@ talking to myself...

Arm, you could do worse than Miroslav philharmonik. You get a full orchestra in there {:D} and the pianos are good, especially if you take off the reverb and put it in lo-fi mode.
Unfortunately, it's anything but free.....

Hey, good tip - gonna try it myself.

Have you noticed whether it's very processor intensive?

Seems to be quite processor lite... a lot of these things sound real enough on their own, but then when you add them to a mix, they tend to sound a bit "unreal" and not in a good way.... :D This one seemed to fit better.

Hey there GT... I'll probably end up paying for a really good one when I get this new PC-driven side of things happening properly, but at the moment, I'm a slut for free VSTis.... I'm inventing a new musical persona as well to head in a new direction with this stuff... stay tuned. :eatpopcorn:

Back