Falling -

I feel like the bass, nice sound, a bit too prominent at the start, then it seems to settle in later on. Maybe go back and look at that do some fader ridding maybe. Other than that, I think everything works well on this.

I feel like the bass, nice sound, a bit too prominent at the start, then it seems to settle in later on. Maybe go back and look at that do some fader ridding maybe. Other than that, I think everything works well on this.
Thanks bud! Good note. There's actually only 4 instruments playing (but for the occasional keyboard part. I made the bass prominent because there's a bit of air to fill. Maybe a bit too forward.

Thanks bud! Good note. There's actually only 4 instruments playing (but for the occasional keyboard part. I made the bass prominent because there's a bit of air to fill. Maybe a bit too forward.
It sounds good, so I am thinking volume finesse would be more the approach. Dash here, pinch there sort of thing :)

Wow some different sounds for you.

I thought the guitar on the left was cool sounding. The keys on the right sounded good too and were a nice balance.

Vocal tone is nice. No paper towel tube sound.

The bass, to me, is the only issue. It's a nice part, the low end is a little too strong.

Wow some different sounds for you.

I thought the guitar on the left was cool sounding. The keys on the right sounded good too and were a nice balance.

Vocal tone is nice. No paper towel tube sound.

The bass, to me, is the only issue. It's a nice part, the low end is a little too strong.

Hmmm ... two on the bass being too prominent. Thanks bud!

Funny thing - I didn't record the vocal. We used the second take. I did it in a walk in closet at the guitarist's house. HE recorded it. I sang a dummy vocal while playing the acoustic (this was live), then went back and did the vocal again. The acoustic is direct. I have a pickup system built into my Larrivee.

Wonderful sounding production you have there my friend, above all I really like the vocals. I could use your vocals on a demo of mine ( if it it you singing).

Groovy.
Another solid production Kev.
The vocal delivery at 1:28 sounds a bit rushed, unsure; like you're not 100% positive of either the words or the melody.
I do this myself sometimes in the early stages of a production.
It doesn't sound like you're in a closet. Did you add some verb?
Really like the vamp in the middle-end.
Maybe pan the lead part a bit toward the center?
I'd hold up a lighter if I had one. :)

Back