Fader size in Reaper

BriamJH

I am having a problem, in Reaper, with getting my faders to fill the screen. I have used options/themes/ default/theme adjuster/ mixer control panel and chosen A 150%. I have also used options/layout and chosen 150% A. I appear to be missing something. I want my faders (when undocked) to stretch the full (almost) vertical height of the screen. Any ideas and, once again, thanks in advance. Brian

Sorry can’t help but this subject may be better in the “Don’t fear the Reaper” section.
hope you find a solution.

Here we go. Undock the Mixer from from the Docker, that should float it in the middle of your screen. Resize that window to fill the screen top to bottom by dragging it's edges. If your faders are not filling it top to bottom, you can use the mouse - hover it over the top edge of each fader until you see the cursor change to an up/down arrow. Then drag the fader up to the top of your window. If you only want the track faders and no Master fader, right-click somewhere inside the window, select Master Track and deselect Show in mixer. Then Right-click inside the window again and deselect Show multiple rows of tracks (when size permits) - this will maintain the large top-to-bottom size if you size the window to a single fader when there are multiple faders in the Mixer.

Here we go. Undock the Mixer from from the Docker, that should float it in the middle of your screen. Resize that window to fill the screen top to bottom by dragging it's edges. If your faders are not filling it top to bottom, you can use the mouse - hover it over the top edge of each fader until you see the cursor change to an up/down arrow. Then drag the fader up to the top of your window. If you only want the track faders and no Master fader, right-click somewhere inside the window, select Master Track and deselect Show in mixer. Then Right-click inside the window again and deselect Show multiple rows of tracks (when size permits) - this will maintain the large top-to-bottom size if you size the window to a single fader when there are multiple faders in the Mixer.
Many thanks, will do. Brian

Neat feature. If you've got multiple faders in the floating window, you can drag the right edge of the window to the left until the window is only one fader wide for track 1 (get the window's edge right on the fader's edge. Now on the left where all your track controls are vertically stacked (Track Control Panel), clicking on one there will make it appear in the large fader window to the right so you don't have to keep widening that window to get to the successive faders.

I have a new problem. All my fader have changed to knobs. I want to have sliders. Feel very stupid. Was fooling (??) with options/themes and they all changed. How do I get back to sliders. Very many thanks, Brian

Difficult to provide exact answers to this as there are so many variables you may have played with. I would suggest going back to Options > Layouts > Track Panel and selecting Default at the top. Then go Options > Layouts > Mixer Panel and reset to Default. You may have made other changes to Themes - try returning to your default Theme - if you can't recall that, try Default 5.0.

p.s. Something I used to do a lot, and still do once in a while, is when I'm digging through the menus to change something, when I get to the last menu with the thing I want to change, just before changing, I take a screen snapshot to record the current settings. Then if I need to get things back to 'normal', I have a record of the original settings.

Also, there's an UNDO button at the top. If you screw something up that will take you back through multiple UNDOs - as long as you haven't saved the project beforehand.

Last edited:
I have a new problem. All my fader have changed to knobs. I want to have sliders. Feel very stupid. Was fooling (??) with options/themes and they all changed. How do I get back to sliders. Very many thanks, Brian
Sometimes the sliders will change to knobs on the Track Control Panel if you makie it too narrow.

Back